L1P velcro holster

soundguy

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else noticed the holster's velcro loosing it's gripping power? Mainly the top part (where the belt attachment point starts) seems to be streching. It will still hold the light, but if I were to go climb and hang upside down, I'm pretty sure the light would fall out. I remember somebody wondering about this when the new holster was released.

How do you carry your L1P?

--
timoteus

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Velcro? Guess Fenix changed the design on the holsters. Mine doesn't have any velcro on it; you just slide the light inside the holster.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Ripoffs CO-137, it's what I use to EDC it.

IMG_0638b.jpg

soundguy

Newly Enlightened
Blaah.. must be tired or something.. by velcro I ment the elastic stretchy stuff..

--
Timoteus

Donovan

Enlightened
I had to stop using my holster because I can't tell if the light gets turned on in it.. Three days ago, it accidentally came on in the pouch and I didn't notice it until it got really hot. It was just cooking away in that insulating neoprene. I have no idea how long it was on for. Hopefully it didn't damage anything.

BTW, my light seems to come on far too easily. Anyone else have this issue?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donovan said:
Haven't had this happen. Perhaps your switch is seated high. Does your light stand up ok when in the on position, or does it slightly rest on the rubber switch boot?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donovan said:

If your switch is seated too high (protruding above the end of the light), just unscrew the aluminum retainer ring (I used snap ring pliers in the holes) holding the switch in and add another washer (or two) about the same size as the one already on top of the switch. This will move the switch down below the top edge.

This is what I did and now the switch is just below the edge. I didn't have the light come on accidently, but just wanted to make sure this didn't happen- I'm always trying to make stuff better:).

Last edited:

Yooper

Enlightened
My L1P holster had velcro and I wore it out pretty quickly by using it 2 or 3 times a day. I now have a custom Kydex holster that is much nicer. (It was made by a cpf member, and he's not making any more).

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
You can buy the most recent L1P pouch from four sevens for five bucks and throw the old crap sheath they used to use in the garbage where it belongs.

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I made leather holsters for my L1P and L2P and believe it was worth the trouble. Usually I'm less than thrilled with nylon holsters, though the one that came with the L2P isn't too bad.

No pics available for the L1P rig, but here is what my L2P is riding in these days (please excuse the electrician's tape "flange" - I'll be making a better one from shrink tube).

http://photobucket.com/albums/e325/catustomus/Gladius/?action=view&current=FenixSide.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/e325/catustomus/Gladius/?action=view&current=FenixFront.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/e325/catustomus/Gladius/?action=view&current=FenixBottom.jpg

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I use a chopped up AA MM holster for my L1P. Cut the holster to lenght and seal shut with something HOT enough to melt nylon.

l1p-h.jpg

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
I just ate 10 chocolate chip cookies reading about replacement holsters for the L1P.

sumfin wrong here.

:ohgeez:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using my original velcro holster, its showing signs of wear.
I might have to get Grandma's sewing machine out and make something up

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
pfmedic lol!
If any one doesn't want their velcro pouch style holder, don't throw it away send it to me. I like the original style a lot!!

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Issac send me a pm with an addy and when my new style comes I'll pop it in the mail for ya.:wave: