Safe-light Superbright

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got an email from the Safe-light company that most of you know makes the Safe-lights and Pal lights. They are offering a Safe-light Super Bright light that uses the in their words latest Nichia 5mm so I'm assuming it's the CS. It is supposed to be similar to the wide bright light so I would imagine with the CS it would give out an Arc AAA type output (do we dare hope it will be less blue?). Anyhow I thought the price was pretty good as you can get them for $11.99 if buy two or more with free US post office shipping. Also in the email I had a coupon code for an additional ten percent off but it was way at the bottom of the email and I already ordered a couple of lights before realizing the coupon was there.

For the money I think it would be a pretty good light and an excellent nightstand light, particularly with the new CS. Didn't I see a runtime chart somewhere stating the pal light will give something like 20 hours of a flat discharge from a 9V cell?

Anyhow I bought three of them and when received I can post back on the light beam output if anybody is interested.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I bought 3 last week. They shipped on Friday so I should see them about midweek. I also like these because unlike the PaLight, these can be turned completly off. Nice for storage.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too got the same email (I've 2 units), let me know how these units work out. I can only hope they've added a larger magnet.

chiphead

secamp32

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some this week too. I sent an email to James Meyer at Palights, [email protected] and he said that if any CPF member want to order more than 3 of the same light he would provide a discount. I ordered a display box which has 12, 4 of each color (case color, not led color. All had the white super bright led) and he gave me a really good deal. I was going to buy 6 but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse :devil: . If you want to buy a bunch send an email to James and he'll hook you up.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I agree, James is a very helpful and responsive by email. I am looking forward to testing these lights.

Streak

Enlightened
I have a bunch of these.
Yes they are using the new CS Led. Ouput is superb.

Another big change is that they have done away with the columating lens so there is a lot more useful light available, a huge improvement. They have replaced the columating lens with a clear lens.

User interface is much better, comes with a battery, much better and stronger magnet, size has been optimised, easy opening battery door etc. etc. etc.

I have them all over the house, doorways here are made of steel so the magnets work great.

Enjoy

Streak

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streak is the output very blue? For an example, my Arc with a CS is very blue but my photon freedom with CS is not bad at all.

That is a good heads up about the deal. I assume a deal on six would be less then ten each. If so and I like mine, I'll email James and get some early Christmas presents. A 9V battery light may be a little exotic but still better to give as a gift then a CR123 light and they do go a long time on the one battery.

Streak

Enlightened
The units I tested did not have obvious blue output.
The 9v battery is not really an issue as the unit comes with one and they last for a very long time.
By the way, the modes now are selectable on/off find in the dark (I never have mine off otherwsie what's the point!!) others may find a reason to have it off.
50%, 100% and SOS.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am defitnitely interested in these. I can tell you that little CS is potent little bugger.

I wonder if the "always on" is the same brightness as the always-on of my Onestars? I have been tempted to replace the stock 5mm with a CS, but fear the always-on will end up too bright!

Bob

Streak

Enlightened
In daylight it's hard to see the findin the dark mode.
In darkness it's enough to cast a glow on the ceiling when pointing upright on my bedside table.
It's the first light I reach for at night (wonder why?) and unless I need a tactical light, it's the only one I use when woken up in the middle of the night.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered some. The price is great, and I used the coupon code...but it didn't seem to decrease the price any.

Regardless, I ordered three shipped to my house for about $36.
Very nice!!!

Bob

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My email says price discount won't show up in invoice but will be reflected in actual price charged.

pedalinbob said:
I just ordered some. The price is great, and I used the coupon code...but it didn't seem to decrease the price any.

Regardless, I ordered three shipped to my house for about $36.
Very nice!!!

Bob

pae77

Enlightened
I ordered two of them last week (a couple of days before I received the 10% off email code :ohgeez:) just to have around for power outages and they arrived today. Both mine have a bluish tint in the center of the spot. Never had the earlier versions so can't compare them to those. I think I'm going to like these lights for the night table because they provide a wide soft (compared to an L1P) but very useful light, great for navigating around the house without bothering anyone or doing close work or providing long lasting moderate room illumination. The magnet on the clip is very strong. Seems like a good value for $12 each (when you buy two) including batteries and free shipping.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
Oh, one question I had about them was whether the totally off mode really preserves battery life as compared to the constant glow mode? According to this review these lights consume a small amount of battery power even when totally off. Anyone else know anything about this?