Nuwai/river Rock .05 watt LEDS. any source to buy loose?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking reading the newest thread on the RR 2xAAA if the LEDS can be found loose. I wouldn't mind trying one in a soli mod or as a replacement on another light. Are they 5mm? anyone know who makes them? and what the spec's are? VDG

Everett

Newly Enlightened
i took one out of a 1AAA nuwai. it has the same case as a 5mm led but the top was rounded off so it had almost no lens (used with reflector in the light). according to what i've heard it's 3 diodes in one package. i ran one off a two-transistor boost circuit from the original cmg infinity and it put out decent brightness. don't know where you can get them but i'd be interested in finding out as well.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everett said:
i took one out of a 1AAA nuwai. it has the same case as a 5mm led but the top was rounded off so it had almost no lens (used with reflector in the light). according to what i've heard it's 3 diodes in one package. i ran one off a two-transistor boost circuit from the original cmg infinity and it put out decent brightness. don't know where you can get them but i'd be interested in finding out as well.

Was it noticeably brighter then a std 5mm in the infinity? VDG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a while back that I thought they were quite similar to the cutdown MJLED. Now, the River Rock/Nuwai lights have the much more pronounced blue tint which none of my MJLEDs have, but from looking at them in the light, they 'look' very similar.

Also, I wonder about the LEDs used in the advancedmart .5W lights...