Unexpected flashaholic moment

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Today, in public speaking class, I was giving my final presentation on how to make a well equipped first aid kit. Im an EMT and it apalls me to see what some corporation's call a "First Aid Kit".

Anyways, I get to the point about why it is important to include a small flashlight in your kit, and I had three examples of what would be good for a houshold kit.

I had a $0.50 disposable penlight which I threw onto the floor in disgust (also for dramtic effect), a AAA mini mag, and also a Stylus.

I explain how these can be used to check pupil response, check for debris in eyes and wounds, and can also be used if the power goes out. And this other student who is a Marine and was in his dress uniform because he was also doing a presentation, goes.. "hey man.. you need a maglite.." Im like.. "yep, this black one is a maglight. " and then the teacher wanted to know why the stylus costs so much more then the mini mag, and she also wanted to see how bright they were with the lights off. It was a true un expected flashaholic moment.

Too bad I didnt have any of my more powerful lights on me. I wish I had the Mag Charger with 1160... or even the g2

carrot

Flashaholic
Added to my flashlight stories thread.

tsk, you really shoulda had that G2... really knock their socks off.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina said:
"Yeah, and if you REALLY want to check pupil response..."

Surefire G2 owners manual, page 5 under the heading "Things NOT to do with your G2".

Doctor! Doctor! Come quickly... these patients have all been exposed to a nerve gas... they ALL have pin-point pupils!