Lighthound vs Emilion Keychains LED's

Tremendo

Enlightened
Does anyone know that these are the same? They look the same, and I've gotten over 20 from Lighthound and with the exception of 1 dud, they've all been good and bright.

speederino

Enlightened
I've got a handful of Lighthound's in clear case/white led and a bag of 50 black case/white led from Emil. Comparing them, they are similar enough to be nearly indistinguishable. In fact, if the cases weren't different colors I probably wouldn't be able to tell which one came from who. However, the split rings attached are slightly different. The output of the 3 or 4 I compared from each was pretty consistent. LH's all had a slightly green cast to the light compared to Emil's leaning slightly towards the blue. However, this really is not very noticable in actual use. Overall light output was nearly identical, and in the ballpark of a Nite-Ize minimag led drop-in. Mind you this is just my observation using nothing more scientific than my lens-corrected vision.

Everyone I've given them to are extremely impressed by the amount of light generated by these little things.

If I were needing some of these quickly, or in varied colors, I wouldn't hesitate to get them from Lighthound. I got the bunch from Emil to pass out to friends, family, and coworkers. Took a couple of weeks to get here from Hong Kong, but the box is pretty cool with nice fancy stamps. I think Dae can even silk screen a logo on some if you are looking to pass some out at a trade show or something....or could get your name and number printed on them and pass them out to the ladies.......:crackup: