Anyone use cr123a's in their incan light then switch them to their LED light?

fire-stick

Enlightened
I thought about getting a regulated dual output LuxIII light that I could use as a "battery sucker" for my cr123a incan light. Whenever the incan starts to dim pop the cr123a's into the reglated LED light.

What do you think?

l8er

Scott

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I do the same thing now that I am trying to burn through the 16 or so partially used 123 batteries I already had before switching over to Li-ion + NiMH lights. I run the incans until they start to dim and then put them in my LED lights until regulation drops and then pop the almost dead batteries in my emergency box in case I need them later. I figure in an emergency a very dim LED light is better than no light.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend is doing this with his 6P/EL2, since mentioning it to him. Cells from my C3 will go to my PQ3, or in the future, a Milky Candle.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
heck yeah! I run em dry with my scorpion or my cyclops xenon (sams club) then finish them off with the UK eLED head for the cyclops and i get another 3-4 hours off completely dead batteries.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did this last night. Took the 123As from my TL-2 xenon and put them into my Q3. I tried them in my Aurora 1.5W also, but it goes out much sooner than the Q3. The Q3's able to really suck the life out of the batteries. It gives enough light to navigate at night w/o destroying my night vision and does that for days!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally drop the old batteries into my X5T, and then from there I hook them up to an Opalec Newbeam, even just to run them down to the point where the lo-batt indicator light doesn't light up anymore..