Votes: 8 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
clos·et Flash·a·hol·ic

n.

1. A person who admires, collects or enjoys using flashlights but doesn't let this be know to the people around him/her.

Are you one of these?

Please share why.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's so obvious I like lights, that I don't need to advertise the hobby. Even if it did, my kid's always boistering "Hey, my dad's obessessed with lights!" :crazy: there's no hiding, I tell'ya.

cosine

Newly Enlightened
I picked closet. I don't tell anybody about how much I like flashlights mainly because I don't have any impressive flashlights like Surefires or Fenixes to wow people with.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked closet too. Why? I have tried to come out a couple of times, but I just get drawn back into that warm, cozy, dark place where I can play with my lights!:wow:

Seriously though I don't give 2 hoots what other people think of my investments. I know what they are worth when it is dark, and defication meets with the rotating oscillator.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe...

People might think they are out of the closet because they show their wives etc

but they are still in the closet (though not in the dark) if they don't tell their girlfriends or classmates or peers or colegues or strangers at Starbucks or people at work...

Denial is not just a river in Egypt or an extremely well lit closet. :)

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess your a flashaholic when you set rules for yourself like; only one flashlight a month...or now only one hid light a month. I have tried to keep it hidden, but my coworkers now laugh at me everytime I get a fedex package. I wont tell them about just joining this forum though, I would never here the end of it.

SF-M3,6P,9P,E2D,KL1,9N
Streamlight-TL2-twin task2l, ultra stinger
UK light cannon...soon AE powerlight
Inova x5, t4/hate no spillbeam

Luff

Enlightened
Well, darn. I said I'm a closet flashaholic because I'm always going in the closet during the day to compare beams. Shoulda' read CroMAGnet's post first.

Folks that know me know of my affliction, affection and passion for flashlights.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
No of course.

My Family and Co-workers all know it by heart. And I try to spread the word whenever I can (such as today when a stock 4D M*g caused me to make a few comments to a customer!).

bexteck

Enlightened
Pretty much everyone I know is aware of my flashlight obsession, although I do try to keep some of the prices of my toys in the closet. I scare myself enough by adding up all the money I've spent on lights/accessories. If others know, I would never hear the end of it.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
bexteck said:
Pretty much everyone I know is aware of my flashlight obsession, although I do try to keep some of the prices of my toys in the closet. I scare myself enough by adding up all the money I've spent on lights/accessories. If others know, I would never hear the end of it.
LOL Don't add em' up!!! If I knew I'd wouldn't let myself hear the end of it LOL
panic.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I have been proselytizing. I gifted 17 L1p's and 12 keyring lights for Christmas presents. :D

Larry

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I guess you can say that I am. Most of my freinds know that I carry a keychain light with me everywhere, but I doubt they know the extent of how badly I am in the hole. But if you were to search my dorm room you would find around 10 lights just in my dorm room. I have several more at my house 10 hours away, but I have no need for them.

I don't like to stand out in any situation. I just kind of go with the flow where ever I am. If some one is curious, I am willing to help them get a good light though.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I have good friends and co-workers who think my flashlight collecting, while kinda silly, is very neat. I love showing off flashlights. Some people don't care... but in my line of work (pizza delivery), almost everyone needs a flashlight, so they are parcially interested.