Enlightened
I'm looking - based on the following criteria:

1) Well-binned Luxeon I or similar LED
2) 2xAAA Alk/Lithuim primary/NiMH battery use acceptable
3) Flat regulation
4) Decent beam pattern & brightness
5) Glass lens
6) Durable finish

I apologize if it exists and I've somehow missed it.

Thanks - John

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonder what Fenix will call it when they get around to building one?

1AAA - L0P
2AAA - L???P
1AA - L1P
2AA - L2P

They can not call it L0.5P because people will think they have gone cheap and used a 0.5 watt LED.

----

The closest I can think of is MJLED/SMJLED/TLE-10 mod to an AAA minimag.
Maybe a Nuwai/RiverRock 2AAA TM-311H.
Or Peak Fujiyama 3 led Ultra.

There is a 3AAA luxeon penlight:
http://www.powerledlighting.com/SunliteSlim.html

randyo

Enlightened
Nuwaii TM-311 / River Rock 2AAA 0.5 W is as close as you'll find right now. The TM-311 has a brighter hot spot and similar overall output (at least mine do). The L0P has a bit more light in the spill beam. TM-311 has the blue tint to the hot-spot. TM-311 is also thicker from top to bottom.
Strange thing is, it takes around 4 or 5 TM-311's to make up 1 L0P (if you're measuring in dollars).

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there is the P series and the X series. So far they've only given us names for the P series (P1 and P2...supprise supprise). Perhaps the X is for AAAs (I'm just spitting in the wind here).

Illuminated

Enlightened
john2551 said:
There most certainly is! & it meets all 6 of your demanding criteria including a dead flat 4+ hours of regulated brightness: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/cl_lenslight.htm

Regards,

John

john2551,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I remember reading the reviews of this light. The only thing holding me back from a purchase is the price. While I didn't list price as a search criteria, that's a little steep for such a light. I don't deny that it's a great light - but I'm looking for something a bit more reasonable regarding purchase price. For that kind of cost, I'd consider making a custom nickel-plated light using one of the many high-efficiency converters available these days.

Thanks for all the responses.

John

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Illuminated said:
john2551,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I remember reading the reviews of this light. The only thing holding me back from a purchase is the price. While I didn't list price as a search criteria, that's a little steep for such a light. I don't deny that it's a great light - but I'm looking for something a bit more reasonable regarding purchase price. For that kind of cost, I'd consider making a custom nickel-plated light using one of the many high-efficiency converters available these days.

Thanks for all the responses.

John

I agree that's a nice light, but for $148 I think I'll wait for Fenix to come out with one in the $40 range.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
I would like to add a criteria that is around the minimag 2AAA size. Cause the 150 dollar light is as big as a Minimag 2AA. Which is killing the reason for a 2AAA light. I have my minimag 2AAA modded to MJLED. But the green tint is killing me, it's just sucking dust now.