yclo

Flashaholic*
PK\'s being sneaky again.

fcb7c79b.jpg

Wonder which one came first?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: PK\'s being sneaky again.

Uhmm, let me guess -- the one with the beveled edge is for the coordination-challenged?

MicroE

Enlightened

Wow!! Nothing gets past you, yclo!

I'm sure that the chamfer is an improvement and was done later. My E2e-SG (made within the last few months) has the chamfer. It probably serves to move the burr from the lathe operation away from the sliding joint.

Hats off to SF for this improvement. It's great to see a company that understands the meaning of "continuous improvement"!!---Marc

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

My E2 is #04751. Bought a year ago and the tailcap looks like the one on the left, are you sure the left is the newer model? Because the one on the right seems to be easier to make, and if I wanted to cut costs....hmmmm?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Mr. Bulk! How on earth did you change your member number?, If I remember correctly You entered After I did(1590), and now you are member number ONE?!?!?!?!?
smile.gif

Alex

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that an E-series tailcap? My E2e bought a month ago doesnt have the bevel.
-ERiC

MicroE

Enlightened

Originally posted by AlexGT:
My E2 is #04751. Bought a year ago and the tailcap looks like the one on the left, are you sure the left is the newer model? Because the one on the right seems to be easier to make, and if I wanted to cut costs....hmmmm?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My E2 is A40016 and has the taper. It was purchased 2 months ago. I still think that the taper is a new addition.

Mr. Bulk (apparently, from what I hear) got to be member Number 1 because he was the first person to sign on after the CPF system crashed a while back and lost all of the member data.---Marc

Size15's

Flashaholic

MR Bulk won a competition us Administrators were running a while back. I can't tell you how or why he won, nor who else came close. It's all rather amusing you see...

SureFire's products are continuously evolving. Each batch are 'protoz' and often slightly different from the last. That's what I believe PK once told us.

Al

Gandalf

Enlightened

It can't be very new, since the E2 SG I bought around 2-3 years ago or so has it, as does my E2 HA, which I bought about a year ago. I'll have to check my relatively new E2e when I get home; it's never left my house.....(I prefer the E2's).

Perhaps the *newer* lights don't have the chamfer on the lip of the cap... it looks like it would decrease wear on the O-ring, though...
confused.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

my e2e (less than a month old) has a flat, so i'm guessing the one on the right is newer.

as for mr. bulk being member 1, after cpf crashed a while ago, he was the first one to post, thus giving him a position that shouldn't even exist!

Size15's

Flashaholic

Regarding #1 - Even if you don't believe my version, I don't believe Rothrandir's version is any closer.

Overdue for it's own thread this is...

Al

MicroE

Enlightened

All right, I give up. Maybe the taper thing is done randomly just to keep us on our toes.
smile.gif

Maybe Surefire buys the tailcaps from two different vendors that have two different revisions of the blueprint.
grin.gif

PK---Please feel free to jump in here at any time and put the issue to bed.

As for Mr. Bulk, I do have another theory. It seems logical that any LGM that could travel across the universe to meet with him (and discuss NexNeedles) should certainly be capable of re-arranging the database in the CPF server. I'm sure that they gave their favorite "agent" number 1 because 007 would seem to overt.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the very first commercially available E2e, and the LOTC is tapered.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

MUWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

Signed,

Member Number 1 (One), sometimes referred to as

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmmmm... My E2o is only a couple weeks old and it is not tapered.

I have had too many beers tonight to discuss the 'Member #1 issue'!
grin.gif

BTW, I LOVE my E2o. Wonderfully efficient little light.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Tree:
The Mr Bulk #1 thing can be put to rest here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Geee! Mr Bulk, you should have bought a lotto ticket that magic day!
smile.gif

Alex

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by AlexGT:
Hey Mr. Bulk! How on earth did you change your member number?, If I remember correctly You entered After I did(1590), and now you are member number ONE?!?!?!?!?
smile.gif

Alex
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My guess is he offered DavidW a 2 week stay in Hawaii for it.
grin.gif
wink.gif