Is there any difference between an L4 and a KL4 head on an E2E body?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technically the printing on the light will be different, but all in all you're looking at the same light unless you've got different tailcaps for some reason..

greenLED

Flashaholic
you could also use an E2O body and have the longer clip, but they're essentially the same light.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
and you can use the pila 168s (or as they are called now the 600s), for incredible runtime with the L4/KL4 on e2e body.

doug

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be no differences in output, runtime or beamshape.
All you are doing is giving the batteries somewhere different to sit, once the recomended voltage gets to the KL4 it will do it's job. 2 123a's is it's recomended voltage.
A 2 cell body is just a 2 cell body, regardless of what the writing on the side says.
Nice choice in heads by the way. :)

However, not to confuse things, but the KL4 can run from one cell..

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was under the impression that not all of them could do that one-cell trick - it was part of the lotto. Mine can, but I have other sweet one-celled lights so I don't worry much about it..

gunspepper

Newly Enlightened
I get about 30 mins with a surefire battery, BUT! with rechargables I get about 20 mins and man is it bright!!

Love it!:rock:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get around the same time on high. Try the TW4 with a McE2S (McGizmo two stage tail cap) low is awsome and runtime....is much longer it becomes the perfect small flooooooood light.

doug

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
True.. Those cases are pretty far between though, I only remember one time that has happened to someone.. Wasn't it a primary cell that wouldn't fire it up?

ACMarina said:
I was under the impression that not all of them could do that one-cell trick - it was part of the lotto. Mine can, but I have other sweet one-celled lights so I don't worry much about it..