Darkness Hole-punch

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Are there any very powerful lights that have a super tight beam like the River Rock 1.5W 2xAA? Either Incan or LED.

I think its hilarious how this light just seems to punch a hole in darkness, and If there is a much more powerful light that I can use to blind anything in its narrow path.

StairRR15w2AA.jpg

(pic courtesy of UnknownVT)

Looking for something like the megaray but without the size and price. Maybe a MAG mod?

MegaRay:

116_1621.JPG

Last edited:

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are interesting, not useless, but imagine a REALLY bad guy, with a gun, or knife, about two feet to the left, or right, of that beam......

I use my lights to SEE what is going on around me, and prefer a lot of spill, aka, Streamlight Lux, Fenix series, etc.

I owned several of the River Rock lights, and gave them away.

Durn, I sound negative, not really, the lights are fun, and give a "don't wake up the kids beam".

Delvance

Enlightened
Inova X3/T03 comes to mind, although there is a little bit of sidespill in the form of dim thin concentric rings around the perfect hotspot. Inova X1 does a great spotbeam job, but it's not bright.

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
JohnK said:
They are interesting, not useless, but imagine a REALLY bad guy, with a gun, or knife, about two feet to the left, or right, of that beam......

I use my lights to SEE what is going on around me, and prefer a lot of spill, aka, Streamlight Lux, Fenix series, etc.

I owned several of the River Rock lights, and gave them away.

Durn, I sound negative, not really, the lights are fun, and give a "don't wake up the kids beam".

I have no need for one, just would like one for those times I want to illuminate pizza sized hole in the darkness.

carrot

Flashaholic
A good light for that would be the Inova X1, if only it were brighter. You could mod it with a Nichia CS, or you could attempt to put a Luxeon in it.

I seem to recall people complaining the Surefire KL1 head (E1L, L1) has a beam like this, but maybe it's a bit exaggerated.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
It is great if you are walking around in a room while some one is asleep. There is no side spill to wake them up.

Latest posts