Does it exist?

spyderknut

Enlightened
My ideal headlight:

Loooong runtimes (at least using low levels)

Button that cycles from low to high (starting with red to preserve night vision) and switches off after a pause instead of having to cycle through higher levels.

I'd prefer AA or AAA with lithium and rechargeable compatibility.

Flood and throw (usable at least at 100 feet) modes with high output when needed.

Not very heavy.

Under $100 (though if it is perfect I'd spend more)

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, if this light was very compact and light, with a polymer body, and running on ONE AA, with a simple and comfortable 2 point elastic band...I (and I expect a lot of other folks) would be all over it!! IMHO, the technology is there (maybe not the 100 feet part, but close). C'mon, somebody build the thing already!

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a cheap Ray-o-Vac that we have at work that uses a rotary switch that starts with two red LED's, then goes to a single while LED, and finally to a krypton incandescent. It has a 3-point harness and uses 3xAAA in a battery carrier. I work nights and have worn it for extended periods on several occasions and ocassionally forget I am wearing it when I go back to the shop. Not sure of run times since it's still on it's first set of batteries and I mostly use the single white LED.