Still kicking around EDC

brianvmsu

Newly Enlightened
ok, i have been reading posts from the last year back and i still am having a problem deciding what to buy. I am looking for a quality 2 stage light...

I am looking at the surefire L1, and the nuwai "big q3". the nuwai is less than half the price but offers no real warranty. I am not going to be running this thing over with a semi truck but i am going to need something to hold up to some abuse.

Brian

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking at an L1, look instead at an HDS EDC (Every Day Carry) Basic 42. Normal mode is 10 lumens, double click, press and hold the button and you've got 42 lumens. All for $30 cheaper than the L1. Plus, there's a low, and a very low mode (I rarely use anything but the medium and max). Or, for $2 more than the L1 get the B60 (same thing, but brighter max). Get the LE (Law Enforcement) version if you prefer max brightness first.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a "cheap," smaller option, you can get a Fenix L1P modded with a 2 stage switch. Total cost will be around $60.

CLHC

Flashaholic
What Solstice said regarding the Fenix L1P. If you want to go up more, then the SureFire L2 is another one to look at. Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

metalhed

Enlightened
My experiences with the Nuwai products have been pretty good. While I think they still may have some issues to sort out regarding the efficiency of their circuits and choice of resistors in DD models, all the lights I have seem well built and durable.

If there is a chance of loss, I'd vote for the inexpensive Nuwai over the higher quality (and higher priced) options mention by others. Besides, you can buy two of them and always have a ready backup light.

Just my two cents. :shrug: