Whic model keeps up with M3 at lower cost?

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

if you would want to own a SureFire M3 but just simply can't / don't want to spent those many bucks and you know another light that can easily keep up or perform the same like the M3.

Which light, in your opinion, would that be?

Greetz
bokkie

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Try the streamlight TL3. It's regarded as a good thrower. There are also some digilights, and G&P lights around that I haven't tried.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight TL-3 is my favorite incandescent light at the moment. It's small enough to ride in a back pocket if needed, it can be run on rechargeable LiON cells, it has absolutely outstanding throw for any light, esp considering its relatively small size, and you can get one from Amazon.com for under $50.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
None of the models mentioned feature stock shock isolation such as the M3 features. I recommend the Pentagonlight X3. Hard Anodizing, good throw/output, shock isolation/battery isolation and a price tag of 80$.

Do some research on the forums though. I loved the TL-3 but the lack of a lock-out tailcap forced me to give it away since I have no use for lights without a LOTC.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can respect that and no doubt, the M3 bulb will take a harder drop/shock than will the TL-3 but my personal TL-3 has been dropped onto a wood floor from about 6 or 6.5 feet while turned on and it survived just fine.

And on the lock out tailcap issue, the Streamlight tactical series tailcaps are, if anything, too hard to press. Unless it was put in a bag with a bunch of ball bearings, I cannot forsee it turning on inadvertantly, and the fact that it is push momentary only would mean that it being turned on long enough to deplete the cells would be quite unlikely.

Having said that, I would also prefer a LOTC.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I forgot to mention that there's Laser Products flashlights in the form of the Operator and Operative series. They're available form Light-Edge.

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Thx for your advise guys!

First of all, i already own a G2 and an M3. Other little gadget lights are not worth mentioning.

After having lost my M3, i got a new CB model.
I really love the feel and light of this flashlight, but the price i always hated.
Sure, makles one very unique with this light since there are no people around that I know that would ever spend such amount of money for a light.

So I was just wondering, if someone would want to have the light output and a flawshlight just like the M3 for less. What would that person have to go for and what would he miss.

Thx again
bokkie