Pics of the new Peak Pacific Lux III 1W multi battery light

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
We finally got pictures today of the new light from Peak. Here are the specs (correct me if I am wrong) but the pictures will speak for themselves.

-Luxeon III underdriven to ~1W
-AAA body at release, multiple other battery body options in march
-Use the same head with different battery/body combos
-Will accept 1.2V-3.7V
-Peak switch options
-Brass, HAIII and SS finishes

Diameter AAA: 0.78" Head - 0.53" AAA Body
Diameter CR2/AA: ~0.78"
Overall Length: 3.55" for AAA

CPF Thread read post #71 for a huge update

Peak website page

Peak CPF page with pictures and L0P comparison

Here are some edited pics so this post wont be so dull (Pacifics are the brass lights):

*** Pics below are mislabled. It should say "keychain" not "Lug" ***
pacific_persp.jpg

pacific_top.jpg

pacific_AAA_comp.jpg

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet!,
The head looks huge compared to Matterhorn, but that is fine with me. The AA, 2AAA and CR2 body looks like a great addition to the single AAA body. Since an AAA lithium can run 5 hours, a AA lithium sitting in the body would make a great power outage light with at least 12 hours of flat regulated runtime.
Thanks for the pics... wonder if Peak will make a titanium version any time soon?

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
:bow: Sweet! Those look awesome. I didn't win one in the beta test, so I may just have to buy one at some point. :rock:

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
I'm quite dissappointed, I'm glad I asked a modder/friend to build me a peakled AAA lux light now and didn't wait another 9 months for this light. I was expecting a AAA lux light. Not a AA lux light with optional AAA body. It's way to bulky to be on my keychain.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
pokkuhlag said:
I'm quite dissappointed, I'm glad I asked a modder/friend to build me a peakled AAA lux light now and didn't wait another 9 months for this light. I was expecting a AAA lux light. Not a AA lux light with optional AAA body. It's way to bulky to be on my keychain.

I have to agree. I posted in the other thread that this new light appears to be very big, especially if it's being advertised as a keychain light. It looks good and the performance specs seem great, but this won't live on my keychain.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pacific will not replace the Arc-AAA-P on the necklace for evident reasons.
It is a wonderful light BTW, especially considering the flat runtime curve. It is a very nice addition to the my light collection. I have some Pacifics on pre-order with the European distributor.

I'm wondering if the Head of the Pacific will fit the Kino Bay body.

Anthony

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's (AAA) much bigger than I was expecting/hoping. The CR2 with lug looks promising though.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im disappointed too,

I was expecting a AAA sized light not a AAA body with a Big head.

The CR2 looks awsome though,wonder what the price will be.

Benny

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would anyone be able to venture a guess what runtime would be for the CR2? I would imagine that it'd be pretty long despite the low capacity, since the step-down circutry wouldn't need the full voltage of the CR2. I don't know enough about this to make a prediction.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are some nice lights but I don't know what the deal is with peak and their inability to make a light small.

I've been moding my peak shasta (n-cell pocket) today and although it is shorter, it is actually bigger than my Arc.

Very nicely made though.

TBY

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, it's larger than I thought. The "Lego" aspect of it is still interesting. My AAA-P v4 is safe on my keychain!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Archangel said:
Ummmm... what? Do you mean wider?

It occupies more space. Has a larger volume.

Looks like somebody just bought a new Buick. Flashlight bidness must be doin okay:).

Last edited:

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Through some really crappy image analysis with the only known variable being the Matterhorn 3LED size, it seems that the Pacific AA is slightly smaller than the L1P.

Here are some official(I think) numbers:

Pacific
Diameter AAA: 0.78" Head - 0.53" AAA Body
Diameter CR2/AA: ~0.78"
Overall Length: 3.55" AAA

L1P
Diameter: 0.79"
Length: 3.61"

Pretty close.:touche:

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
SaturnNyne said:
The labeled photos are helpful, but those are keychain bodies, not lugs (which MJ said would not be made for this model).

Thanks for the correction.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am hoping MJ will reconsider not making a lugged body, cutting 10mm from the light's length would help considerably.

Thinking back to what has ridden on my keychain over the years, the Pelican L1 was first in 2001, went to Lambda MicroIlluminator AAA in 2003 (modded Brinkmann AAA that is larger than the Pacific) Arc AA in 2003, Arc AAA in 2003, Peak Matterhorn Snow 3 HO in 2004 to present.

The Lambda MicroIlluminator AAA reminds me of the Pacific, the head is larger to hold the reflector and it had a tail switch. It was the maximum size I would allow on my keychain and impressed (and still does) with the Luxeon R3J running at 155mA. Best beam quality, color, spill and throw with 1:45 to 50% brightness made it a very useful light. Alas, the lack of being waterproof, no HA-III, could not be thrown around, the sometimes flaky tail switch, easily cracked reflector and a touch too short of runtime. Great little pocket light but not durable enough for harsh keychain use. I consider it the benchmark of performance/beam quality characteristics and I always judge my other keychain lights against it.

The Pacific is my benchmark MicroIlluminator with better durability, reliability, waterproof and better runtime/regulation. If the size gets to me, I'll throw the CR2 body on it and be reminded of my first keychain light, the Pelican L1.