Any good triple 3 watt lights been found & reviewed yet ?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't find many sources of multiple Luxeon lights.

Maybe I jest wasn't paying attention.

Can anyone who owns one provide info and links ?

:):):) smilies .... per request ''' hope this helps ''' :):):)
:):):)

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew Wynn is working on a "Mag drop-in" mod that takes 90 seconds to install in a 2-6C or 2-6D Mag.

The BAM! will run 2, 3 or 4 Luxeon K2 LEDs with adjustable output. Twist the head of the Mag and the output changes to low/medium/high and it is current regulated. All the variants use 20mm IMS reflectors. For two K2's, 3 C NiMH in a 2D Mag (or 3C in a 3C Mag) would work fine. Three emitters require 4.8 volts and four emitters require 6.0 volts or higher.

I am going with a bored HA-III 2D Mag running an 8AA to 2D battery adapter with eight 2100mAH Titanium low discharge NiMH (if available) Sanyo Eneloop (if available) or Titanium 2600 NiMH cells. The two emitter drop-in should be $80 to $90 and the four emitter drop-in should run $120 to $140.

http://rouse.com/RT4

Andrew has parts on order and is setting up the process. He perfers the new Luxeon K2 LEDs and will offer the device in early May. He will also offer 6AA to 2D battery adapters, UCL glass etc. to complete your Mag conversion.

edison

Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
edison said:
:tinfoil:

:):):):naughty::):):) :whistle: :grin2: :grin2:

So.....Edison......why did you put on that....... tin foil hat....:grin2:

:) .... :poke:..... for *me* ?? :):) .....:thanks:

I'm trying to adjust............... :)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
IonFire said:
Oh, hehe, it is a Tin foil hat.:)

I thought you got egged for not searching.

IF

I did search.....but didn't find many reviews to say if they were any good.:)

I did just find this one.....electro lumens link . :awman:

However , I don't know the price .:whistle:

Probably around $500.00 would be my guess .:ohgeez::faint:

I was hoping to find some beam shots for camparison.:)

Some of these are just too much :wow: effect .

edison

Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:

:):):):naughty::):):) :whistle: :grin2: :grin2:

So.....Edison......why did you put on that....... tin foil hat....:grin2:

:) .... :poke:..... for *me* ?? :):) .....:thanks:

I'm trying to adjust............... :)

IonFire

Enlightened
Hey, thats kinda neat.

its 3lightsx3wattsx3Battsx300mm long.

She's a weapon alright.:whistle:

Lumen ratings all over the place, on the box it says, over 240 lumens, in the E-Add it says over 180 lumens.

Still, probably pretty bright at whatever its putting out, and would melt a cup of snow for drinking water quite easily too with 3x3 watters in a pinch.:grin2:

IF

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
ELX-3 http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95307

dsc012563hu.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

randyo

Enlightened
The Nuwaii TM-800, 801, 803 X-3 ...... series are very well made head-knockers, but they are not as bright as you might think reading the advertising. There are some previous threads on this forum about this light, and the consensus opinion was that the output was not as much as everyone expected for a 3x3. Definitely not in the category of the Elektrolumens Phazer, UNLESS, you performed the infamous "PVC pipe & 4 C-cell NIMH" mod. That turns it into a BEAST, with of course the added risk of shortening the LED(s) life.
I recently purchased one of these, and I like it just fine. It is just 1/2" shorter than a 3D Maglite, and has the evil appearance and MASS one would expect from a Bash-lite. As for output, I don't know what you own, but comparing it to my existing lights, with all 3 emitters switched on, it has throw range slightly better than my streamlight Propolymer 4AA luxeon, with more coverage at the target area. I like the idea of being able to switch on just 1, or 2, or all 3 emiitters. Some owners expressed dismay that the first click is low power, rather than high, but I don't mind that either.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
The Nuwaii TM-800, 801, 803 X-3 ...... series are very well made head-knockers, but they are not as bright as you might think reading the advertising. There are some previous threads on this forum about this light, and the consensus opinion was that the output was not as much as everyone expected for a 3x3. Definitely not in the category of the Elektrolumens Phazer, UNLESS, you performed the infamous "PVC pipe & 4 C-cell NIMH" mod. That turns it into a BEAST, with of course the added risk of shortening the LED(s) life.
I recently purchased one of these, and I like it just fine. It is just 1/2" shorter than a 3D Maglite, and has the evil appearance and MASS one would expect from a Bash-lite. As for output, I don't know what you own, but comparing it to my existing lights, with all 3 emitters switched on, it has throw range slightly better than my streamlight Propolymer 4AA luxeon, with more coverage at the target area. I like the idea of being able to switch on just 1, or 2, or all 3 emiitters. Some owners expressed dismay that the first click is low power, rather than high, but I don't mind that either.

Thanx randyo and all others............

With that knowledge I will probably just get the SL PP 4AA LUX and wait for K2 emitters to see what they have to offer.

Thanks all for your reports :)

randyo

Enlightened
Good choice - SL PP 4AA Luxeon is one heck of a light for the price. The output is simply amazing. Sturdy, and darned nice polishing on that mass of aluminum which serves as the heat sink and polished reflector. I showed mine to the folks at work and was instantly coerced into heading up a "group buy". Everyone likes it. Only downside is size - it's much much bigger than a Fenix L1P, or other such pocket lights, but it is well engineered, and fits nicely in your hand.
Be that as it may, I STILL like the feel of that monster TM-801 X-3 Bashlight.
It's one fine club! If you hurt a bad guy with one of these, he's gonna stay hurt for a while. :twak:

tomL

Newly Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:

I have one of the Chinese 3x3 Luxeons. I got it from the importer who was selling a few on eBay. To make a long story short, I put him in contact with Steve at Springboard (and this got Steve started with mini-pigs...but I'm getting off track.)

I know Steve has some left and likes to sell things.

When I first got mine, I was not really happy with the light output. Three D-cells didn't drive it to it's full potential. I did the conversion to 4 C rechargables, and it made all the difference in the world. It blows away everything else I have (except for the 9N turbo and my wife's Acura HID headlights).

-Tom