Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
This was on arcs site.
Accessories & Specials

vportableemitter.JPG
White 5W Lambertian LED emitter LXHL-PW03 "VX0U" bin -- $29.95 [Add to Cart]
Note: This is the bare LED part. It is sold for hobby projects. You must have some knowledge of electronic circuits and mechanical design.

Am I to assume you can replace the Led on a Arc AAA with this one? If so what would the difference be with this Led and the original one? Would it eliminate the Blue beam?:thinking:

Thanks

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm sure the technically creative could put a 5w LED in an Arc AAA, it is not at all practical. The LEDs that are listed aren't intended to be used in Arc AAA's.

The only way to 'get rid of the blue' is to put in another LED, which, if you've got a v4 already, doesn't offer much return on investment. I understand that they have recently switched color bins to a less blue (but perhaps less bright) bin and you might want to pick up another AAA. I love the tint of the CO's. They have very little blue and lots of warm tint surrounding a blue/white center. These give great color rendition. Cy has old arc parts that are great for modding. I'm EDC'ing one of his with a u-co. I also put an SMJLed in one. I definately prefer the nichias though. With Cy's parts it isn't too hard and lots of fun to mod these. I even put green glow powder on the base of the LED so that it glows for a good longtime after the light is turned off.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
LOL! I didn't notice that it was a 5W.:laughing: I just assumed that because it was on Arcs site in the accessories section that it was a replacement for that ugly blue light put out from there light:drool:.
I don't have an Arc at this time.

xochi said:
While I'm sure the technically creative could put a 5w LED in an Arc AAA, it is not at all practical. The LEDs that are listed aren't intended to be used in Arc AAA's.

The only way to 'get rid of the blue' is to put in another LED, which, if you've got a v4 already, doesn't offer much return on investment. I understand that they have recently switched color bins to a less blue (but perhaps less bright) bin and you might want to pick up another AAA. I love the tint of the CO's. They have very little blue and lots of warm tint surrounding a blue/white center. These give great color rendition. Cy has old arc parts that are great for modding. I'm EDC'ing one of his with a u-co. I also put an SMJLed in one. I definately prefer the nichias though. With Cy's parts it isn't too hard and lots of fun to mod these. I even put green glow powder on the base of the LED so that it glows for a good longtime after the light is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.