07' Dodge Caliber and Nitro

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
Dodge needs to ditch the stupid huge grills

Kudos! Bingo!
When their truck came out with the new huge grill, I through everything out the window and said I wont buy an American truck. That was that final straw though, many things fell in place for that moment to occur. It has since progressed to most any American made vehicle now. Until the American auto industry figure out that quality is more important than retro vehicles, I am not impressed. I do still like the modern American sports car, such as the Viper.

The Nitro is the new Jeep for sure, plus it has what looks to be some of the Hummer3 to me. A little less boxy, but still fairly similiar.

-C

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its okay looking...

I generally like the looks of the newer chrystlers....e.g. charger, ram, etc....

This one doesn't have the appeal of the ram or charger my opinion says...

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't much care for the looks of the new Caliber. It is essentially replacing the now-cancelled Neon (both at the bottom of the Dodge lineup and both built at the same plant), and having owned both a 1st and a 2nd generation Neon, it doesn't seem like a very good (or good looking) replacement. If they'd just have extended it another 24" or so and added a 3rd row seat, I'd definitely consider it as a replacement for our Freestyle (especially in the SRT version), but I'm not sure another "cute-ute" in the market makes much sense. A smaller, lighter car with better gas mileage probably would sell much better.

-Keith

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
Dodge needs to ditch the stupid huge grills

I totally dissagree... the grill is the best looking part IMHO. I dont think these two look too good, but they are allright. And I hear a lot of people saying that "american cars arent quality"... I guess I dont see why people say that. Can you back it up? (no at all trying to sound rude or harsh)

-David