kel-lite replacement parts

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
To all;

I am a retired federal police officer and just ran across my old issued kel-lite 2-d cell flashlight and am trying to repair it for sentimental reasons. I found a reflector that I thought would work in a "military" type flashlight with the 90 degree head. The reflector turned out to be plastic and will not make contact with the flashlight. I am looking for a place to buy a kel-lite reflector and parts so I can get this flashlight back to functioning as well as it did before I lost the lightbulb "nut" that holds the bulb in place.

any help would be appreciated.

keith

Flame

Newly Enlightened
Hi there Keith!
Welcome to CPF!
Sorry I can't help you with your Kel-Lite question but Id say you came to the right place.

Good luck!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming this is a small-head flashlight? I have a few spares for those. Drop me an email:

abtomat47 at aol dot com

(Replace the "at" and the "dot" with the real thing)

Empath

Flashaholic
Welcome Keith. We're always glad to have someone that actually experienced the development of heavy duty and tactical flashlights.

Please though, change your handle to something other than your email address.

Sgt. Frank

Newly Enlightened
I see this is a 7 year old thread, but its the first one I found regarding parts for Kel Lites.
Like the original poster, I was also in law enforcement and have since retired. I have an old Kel Lite Baton Light c-cell that I carried back in the day. It hasnt worked in years. I'd like to restore it and need some parts. So I'm throwing this out in hopes someone will see it. And yes, I'm new enough to this site to still be fumbling around on it.
best regards
Sgt. Frank

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see this is a 7 year old thread, but its the first one I found regarding parts for Kel Lites.
Like the original poster, I was also in law enforcement and have since retired. I have an old Kel Lite Baton Light c-cell that I carried back in the day. It hasnt worked in years. I'd like to restore it and need some parts. So I'm throwing this out in hopes someone will see it. And yes, I'm new enough to this site to still be fumbling around on it.
best regards
Sgt. Frank
hey bud, do you (or anyone else on CPF reading this) have any idea potentially what you need insofar as replacement parts are concerned?

For example:
- switch is broken, need a new one
- electrical contacts rusty, need cleaning
- front lens damaged/deteriorated
- (etc.)

if you don't mind letting us know maybe we can help out a bit better. If you can, I guess some measurements might help because I'm not sure how many people own Kel Lite stuff these days. I was born in 1988, which seems to be after KL's time based on their Wikipedia article.

If worse comes to worst and we're unable to find replacements or anything really equivalent, there may be some way you could retrofit it with modern stuff. :)

Sgt. Frank

Newly Enlightened
ToBrien
A bit difficult to say exactly. I'm not entirely sure whats missing from it.
-Regarding measurements; mine measures 22" in length.

-The switch appears to be the part in most immediate need of attention.
The plastic "thumb" piece that rides the exterior of the barrel is intact but detached from the flashlight. I cant make out how the switch had been attached to the barrel.
-On the underside of the plastic "thumbswitch" is a long flat copper contact that slides back and forth inside the barrel. It looks like there may have been another half to this copper contact that perhaps broke off.
- The socket in the reflector, where the bulb seats, looks like it takes a threaded bulb. Its obvious that the bulb is inserted from the front, and not seated from the rear of the reflector and held in by a collar. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks for the response by the way.
best regards,
Frank