Vital Gear Head (Bezel) on a e-series and a P61, possible?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone confirm weather or not I can use a Vital Gear Head on a e-series body and put in a P61 or a BOG Luxeon thing withOUT the use of a E2C??? TIA.

Basically what lamps can I use with this thing. :)

markk

Newly Enlightened
I have this setup with a P61 and it works very well. It's great for spotting house numbers and such. My Emilion LED lamp doesn't fit, though, and I believe it's about the same size as the BOG. Actually, it can be installed (I tried it and it lights up) but the front of the bezel can only be screwed down part of the way.

seattlite

Enlightened
Sinjz said:
Could someone confirm weather or not I can use a Vital Gear Head on a e-series body and put in a P61 or a BOG Luxeon thing withOUT the use of a E2C??? TIA.

Basically what lamps can I use with this thing. :)

YES. P60/P61 with 2xCR123's; P90/P91 with 2xRCR123/2xRCR123(unprotected)
F2_disassembled.jpg

vg2.jpg

VF_FB1.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
My primary 2 cell EDC is a Vital Gear FB2 light with a BOG module that's been modded with a super neutral colored TW0K. The Vital Gear bodies are E series compatable and the surefire P60 and P61 will fit in the Vital Gear Head.

On the BOG module, Lighthound (I think) warns that water resistance is compromised because the threads of the head/bezel don't 100% cover up the O-ring at that junction... It leaves about a 1/16" gap but you can add another O-ring of apporpriate size and you are 100% watertight again.

IMG_2019a%20manual.jpg

IMG_2021a%20manual.JPG

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics guys! :) Now what is that thing forth from the left in seattlite's first pic. Also what's the bezel on the VG FB1 body, third from the left in seattlite's third pic. Why is the light with the F2 bezel soooo much longer? :thinking:

seattlite

Enlightened
Sinjz said:
Nice pics guys! :) Now what is that thing forth from the left in seattlite's first pic. Also what's the bezel on the VG FB1 body, third from the left in seattlite's third pic. Why is the light with the F2 bezel soooo much longer? :thinking:
"Now what is that thing forth from the left in seattlite's first pic."
Vital Gear's version of the E2C adapter.

"Also what's the bezel on the VG FB1 body, third from the left in seattlite's third pic."
McGizmo's Aleph 1 head.

"Why is the light with the F2 bezel soooo much longer?"
Maybe becuase the E-series body is longer than the FB2 and the VG2 head is longer than the E-series compatible heads. Thus, if you put together the longest/largest pieces, you get one long light.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
... found this thread by some search, so sorry for reviving it ...

in the 3rd pic, what head is the one 2nd from left?
(3rd from left is Alpeh 1, so probably an Aleph 19?)