Why dont I ever see Squirrel feces?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just wondering, since they seem to be as abundant as the birds here in america. Ive never seen anything that resembled a feces from a squirrel in my life, and Im sure they do release that type of waste. I hope this isnt a stupid question.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's quite a question for a boy to ask way past his bedtime. :sleepy:
And a very good one at that. :grin2:
I am over 20 years older and I too have never seen a squirrel dropping. :toilet:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
..........the same reason you don't ever see mine .

It's cause me and the squirrel's FLUSH :toilet::aaa:

......................watch the picture.......... ^

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Actually I remember when my GSD mauled a inattentive squirrel, it literally s**t itself! And I can assure you it wasn't pellets either! Lucky for the squirrel it was just fast enough to get over the fence before my dog got really stuck in!

Doug

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think they're very discreet about it so they don't give away there whereabouts. And they always remember to flush. :laughing:

I saw a squirrel in the act of doing a #2 once, and it looked like small dog droppings. He was squatting on toip of a trash can which was in front of a mirrored storefront window, so he was watching himself do it! That must have blown his little mind! :eek:

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not a dumb question! Like Nikon says, they poop small pellets. I have bunches of pest squirrels running around my apartment building and they run around our lanais (decks). They leave all sorts of their darn pellets. Out in the dirt, you just won't notice them. Think about it. Everything that lives outdoors does it. Mostly you just don't notice it unless it's large enough.

cbxer55

Enlightened
Believe me, they eat corn. Lots of it! I have squirrel feeders in the back yard, one is for corn, the other sunflower seed. They love that corn, have to replace it daily. Also the blue-jays eat a bit of it as well. As for the droppings, never seen any. Even with squirrels practically living in my back yard and on my deck.

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
What kind of flashlight have you been using when you were looking for squirrel feces?

:)

dcarch8 :dedhorse:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
cbxer55 said:
Believe me, they eat corn. Lots of it! I have squirrel feeders in the back yard, one is for corn, the other sunflower seed. They love that corn, have to replace it daily. Also the blue-jays eat a bit of it as well. As for the droppings, never seen any. Even with squirrels practically living in my back yard and on my deck.

E=MC² So that corn has to go somewhere. If it didn't those poor squirrels would eventualy exceede the Chandrasekhar limit and we'd have little dead squirrel-singularities boring their way to the Earth's core.

There can only be one logical explanation. Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky bridges.

Yes, I mean "wormholes".

Once NASA figures this out, I pitty the poor little buggers. Stretching one of them big enough to stuff a spacecraft into it won't be a pretty sight.

alaskawolf

Enlightened
sabers.jpg

when your not looking their too busy battling it out to poop :p

sniper

Enlightened
Mags said:
I am just wondering, since they seem to be as abundant as the birds here in america. Ive never seen anything that resembled a feces from a squirrel in my life, and Im sure they do release that type of waste. I hope this isnt a stupid question.

Hey, Mags; good to hear from you again!

The only dumb question is the one I can't answer. Obviously, you haven't been under the correct tree at the proper time. :) That's why us squirrel hunters wear wide-brimmed hats.

I like Alaskawolf's answer best.

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
alaskawolf said:
sabers.jpg

when your not looking their too busy battling it out to poop :p

You should get a prize ,,,,,,,, :thanks::goodjob::touche:

This is why I won't go to Alaska

I'm afraid of ..... light-sabre wielding squirrels , the Force is with them !

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Squirrels are dirty animals, very similar to a rat. Both rodents have similar habits but work different shifts.
Squirrels have no designated place for their skat, they just do it on the fly, where ever they happen to be.
Rats on the other hand are a little more tidy, they do have designated areas for skat, unless there are many around you are unliky to find one of their droppings, about 55,000 per year.
:)