Stolen 30-Foot Rock Climbing Wall Recovered

carrot

Flashaholic
I wouldn't call it mentally unbalanced. Just a little case of kleptomania, or a train hobby gone wild. I wonder how people pull things like this off! I'd steal a tank... with an SF Hellfire on the .50 cal of course.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine the planning to pull something like that off. I work with these walls on a frequent basis and you're not just going to run up and pick it up and run off with it.

My dad was in the fire department for over 25 years and always told me that if I saw a guy running away with a hydrant, just let him go..

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
He probably spent more money in gas to tow it to the airport than he could've recovered by selling it or whatever the heck he thought he could do with it. He's gotta have some sort of disorder to do something like that. :shakehead

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL. Where I used to work, a carnival company used to park their trailers of folded-up rides and such in front of my office. It irritated me to no end. They were 18-wheeler trailer type deals so I used to park my '89 Hyundai under the kingpin, effectively "trapping" the trailer in place for weeks on end. I did this hoping they'd get the message that their trailers were not welcome in front of my office.

Anyway, one of the trailers had a large rock climbing wall, and it was stolen. The carnival operator dude came into my office one day to ask if I'd seen anything. Once he explained it was stolen, all I could do was laugh like a maniac...

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
I used to work at a place with those walls.

All you would need is a truck with a Class 3(?) hitch.. we used to pull them around with ryder rental trucks.. i think they were the 17 foot box trucks.. so its not that hard to steal.. just kinda hard to hide :)