The war against terrorism..goes on..all over..

Safety1st

Enlightened
The war against terrorism...goes on all over....

This pictures is taken of the GIGN..The french anti-terrorist police...

The dog in the picture is a Belgian Malinois...that looks like it means business.. :thumbup:

g-gign-trinome.jpg

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The round thingy on top of the weaopon projects a Heads Up Display to the visor. Miniature IR scanners follow the retnia foci of the eye to move the reticule and that causes the gyros on the muzzle to alter the attitude of the weapon to aim.

But then my favorite firearm is a Colt Peacemaker style Single Action in 45 Long Colt so I am somewhat biased against some of the doo-dads hanging off a weapon. My second favorite is a Walther P99 so I am not that much of a dinosaur.

I'd put my money on the shotgun and Officer Sparky.

Santelmo

Enlightened
I hear that those GIGN guys are known especially to be proficient marksmen.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome! I would hate to be the person on the receiving end of that dog.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pellidon said:
The round thingy on top of the weaopon projects a Heads Up Display to the visor. Miniature IR scanners follow the retnia foci of the eye to move the reticule and that causes the gyros on the muzzle to alter the attitude of the weapon to aim.

what the HELL are you talking about?!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Safety1st said:
The belgian malinois is an awesome dog..

Have a look at this training picture from my collection;

:wow:

I have a friend that is active in French Ring Sport here in the states. Basically he trains dogs (mostly belgian malinois) and their owners for attack purposes. He said most German Shepherds can't handle it. They are amazing dogs.

-Keith

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Pellidon said:

Uh...

Yeah, sure.

In the gunner's chair of an Apache attack helicopter...

Pulling legs, I hope?

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Pellidon said:

But then my favorite firearm is a Colt Peacemaker style Single Action in 45 Long Colt so I am somewhat biased against some of the doo-dads hanging off a weapon. My second favorite is a Walther P99 so I am not that much of a dinosaur.

I'd put my money on the shotgun and Officer Sparky.

it looks like an Aimpoint on the MP5 and an Eotech on the shotty.

geoff

Santelmo

Enlightened
Safety1st said:
The belgian malinois is an awesome dog..

Have a look at this training picture from my collection;

sun10.jpg

:wow:

A mixed-martial arts fighter here in the Philippines trains these dogs for a living here in the Philippines. They are actually the "breed of choice" among trainers because they are intelligent, hardy and have a long life span, ensuring longer years of service.

Safety1st

Enlightened
It's a 'horses for courses' sort of thing..

The Malinois is a super working dog......if WORKED....and WORKED regularly...

left to muse around or remain in a family environment is a nightmare for them...

They are so active and highly strung...

Personally, they are too much hassle for me....I'm a German Shepherd fan...as the dog is much more suited to 'all round' use....

More steady and reliable and a better 'mixer' in both circumstances and surroundings...

But as a LEO dog...and a 24/7 worker.....the Malinois...is king..