My new $2 light lighter

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
Since I smoke cigarettes, I have been looking for the perfect EDC refillable lighter, and now I might have found it - a lighter with a build in LED:

_IMG_1147.jpg
_IMG_1157.jpg

_IMG_1171.jpg
_IMG_1223.jpg

It had an ugly blue LED when I got it, so I swapped it with a Nichia CS. Here is a some beam shots, before and after swapping. The second beam shot shows a comparison with the new Arc AAA. The brighter one is the Arc AAA:

_IMG_1180.jpg
_IMG_1190.jpg

Since my camera won't focus properly, when I take pictures of a white screen, I took some pictures of my mini lathe. The first one is with the lighter as light source; the second one is with the Arc AAA as light source:

_IMG_1209.jpg
_IMG_1201.jpg

Finally some pictures of the lighter disassembled:

_IMG_1214.jpg
_IMG_1219.jpg

I must say, I am very pleased with the lighter. Only thing is that it uses L736 button batteries, but they only const like $0.25 /pcs anyway, so no big deal.

IamMatt

Newly Enlightened
Pretty neat. Not enough to make me take up smoking but a good combination of useful tools.

Ledean

Enlightened
Good deal for $ 2.00 .
I have seen lighters here with 5 led's and seem fairly bright. Cost was around 5 bucks. Alas I do not smoke .If I had bought it there would have been some explaining to do . I would have done the same thing and swapped the led's. The problem with us is that whenever we see a light we have to make it brighter

Latest posts