Some pictures from the storm

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bobisculous, glad you liked it. That particular car was actually squatting on it's suspension from the (estimated) 300 lbs of heavy wet snow on the roof (and hood). But traffic didn't allow me to get a good side picture.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Here's my contributions (first pic is my house, second is my street):

Snow_storm_1.JPG

Snow_storm_2.JPG

Raven

Enlightened
zespectre said:
Bobisculous, glad you liked it. That particular car was actually squatting on it's suspension from the (estimated) 300 lbs of heavy wet snow on the roof (and hood). But traffic didn't allow me to get a good side picture.

The driver might be elderly or have a heart condition.

Look at how many people drop dead each year while shoveling snow.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh please, no one is going to drop dead from pushing snow off the roof of their car! (it's not like shoveling where you have to actually lift stuff). On the other hand if someone is that fragile I sure don't want them driving a car!

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Pictures. I even looked at some of your others. I have saved some for wall papers. You are a good photographer. You have even convinced me I need to get a Canon SD400.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bravo25,
The SD400 is great from a portability standpoint. I still prefer my 10D for most work but the SD400 gets used a lot simply because I always have it with me.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics. We got about 18" with 3' drifts. I wish I had taken some the day of the storm, but I was too busy blowing the shoveling the stuff (long driveway, plus an elderly neighbor). Just today I took some pics of my machines to post on a outdoor equipment board. No jokes, remember we're all sitting around here talking about flashlights. :)

Here's one for now. I'll try to get my good shots from the last couple winters if I can find them.

snow1.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My son claims he saw a flurry yesterday. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I grew up in Pittsburgh, so I'm not a stranger to shoveling, but I don't really miss it much.

Geoff

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must be nice to have the white stuff from time to time. In phoenix we haven't had any ran in 3 months. I did go out and take some pictures yesterday but as you can tell we don't have any snow. Man I wish I was back east playing in that stuff. Be careful.

Picture of a sun storm taken Sunday :huh2:

picsun12.jpg

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must be nice to have the white stuff from time to time. In phoenix we haven't had any ran in 3 months
Yes but I have been 80 miles south of Tuson when it snowed at night, and burned up during the day.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
while i didn't even get any rain from this most recent snowstorm that you're talking about, I did recently find some slides from the dark and forgotten past. Here are a couple of picts I took as a high school student in Chicago the winter of 1985 :D

This tree is bent completely over the road. After the ice melted, it straightened up and was just fine!

snow85_2.jpg

snow85_1.jpg