Recommend a small UV light for checking Flourescent ink at nightclubs/bars etc

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something a little smaller than the one in the link, you might check out an Inova X1 UV. It is real slim, uses a AA, has a momentary button and a twistie tailcap for constant-on. Sells for $20-$25.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A violet Photon keychain light will work. You don't need the UV one. Save $20. If you get the Freedom Micro, you've got strobes and SOS signaling modes, plus you can use constant on or momentary.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
How bout a StreamLight Twintask UV . Do you mind C size batts?? This holds 3 C size cells, so its a tad larger than double A lights. However this has the UV leds you want and a Xenon lamp that will blast 60 lumens accross the room to get the other bouncers attention when some punk is giving you a hard time. The light is 1.7" x 9", so it will fit nice in your back pocket. The same site I linked above also sells holsters, so you could wear it on your belt.

I feel this is probably one o your best choices, I would stay away from dedicated UV lights, That Xenon will come in handy when you need some real light.

Hope this helps,
-PSM

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
SuperNinja said:
What about something like this (same lights, different sellers):...It has white LED, UV LED, and laser.
I have one of these flashlights on the way...as soon as I receive it, I'll make a point of evaluating it right away. :)

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
For less than $1 you could try one of these -

Interesting Purple LED keychain (link)

They are a very deep purple and have a lot of UV or near UV content - they certainly will fluoresce US bank notes, stamps as well as postmarks....
I like the purple - not just because it is cool looking - but because one can easily see that it's on, and more easily direct the light.

I got mine from Emilion - for 70cents - but I'm not sure if he sells these any more -
however I believe the ones sold by Dae on his QualityChinaGoods.com site are the same, but you need to buy in quantities of 10 (can be mix of LED colors).

Looks like LightHound also has them singly at 99cents

Rommul

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas guys.

That light at Lighthound seems like something we would invest in.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
I've been using one of the AAA single UV LED lights from Peak LED Solutions and have been very happy with it. I got the model with the detachable key chain attachment and I got one UV, and one with a snow LED. Then I removed the keychain attachments and inserted a 3/8 set screw so I could screw them together back to back. Now I have a single unit, the length of 2 AAA's with UV capability at one end, and White LED at the other. It's got a pocket clip on it and it fits neatly in the breast pocket of my lab coat. Very handy. :naughty:

The Peak UV lights produce much more near UV+UV than the Streamlight Stylus (by my observations) that I was using before. I also have an Inova X5 UV and it's great too :grin2: (very powerful output)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
iv'e got the AA inova uv. it's a quality light. I recently "loaded up" on a few LED UVlights from lighthound.com. seems like a great deal.:) they are priced right! so you could order several.I'm sure that would come in handy.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , like agent_K said , these at Lighthound look like a good buy . Lighthound is highly reccomended , from what I've seen on CPF . My delivery was 3 days. ( I mean the package ):sweat::faint: