Name your flashlight quirks

iamerror

Enlightened
Being that this a forum about people who love flashlights, you guys got to have some "quirkiness"

Here is one of mine: I like to own an even number of flashlights from the same company(although I still try to buy flashlights that fit a certain niche/purpose)

Name your quirks...

Last edited:

Macaw

Enlightened
My qwirk is that I buy way too many more flashlights than I will ever need. But then again, that's not really a quirk for the folks in this forum.:crazy:

warmo

Banned
i find it conforting to keep a selection of torches by my bed... just in case of an emergency, its funny but i really feel they help me sleep at night :huh:

maka

Newly Enlightened
yes i have a torch incase we suffer blackouts, a maglite with side handle also makes an effective nightstick/batton incase of an intruder.

maka

Newly Enlightened
you best use them both, you cant let one feel left out. i mean it could also lead to serious damage if you leave the black one too long, battery acid leaking is a serous unpleasant experience my freind, respect your lights and they will respect you, i feel i have a lot to learn about flashlights. you may have to learn too.. take care :)

warmo

Banned
thank you maka for the good advice, even though i may not pay as much attention to the black one... it still gets used on a daily basis or at least i try to. but i see your point about the leaking acid... that could lead to a very nasty flashlight accident

warmo

Banned
we sure could, i obviously have a lot to learn and need a more qualified (so to speak) torch expert to show me the light

maka

Newly Enlightened
ill PM you now. you know we should start a "need to know more" club.. with cheap flights these days anythings possible. a nice drink and buscuit club also would fulrle :D

Navck

Enlightened
High powered multi level lights
Nice looking ones (Inova XO Black, etc...)
Anything without a reflector buldge (I like it when lights are a basic cylinder)
10+ lumens range "maximum" output
Smooth beam
Small EDC size lights.

maka

Newly Enlightened
well we shall see maybe one day my freind, im sure light club will be an experience
i think theres a lot of lights, and so little time some days.. :D

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some bright lights but I spend much more time thinking about dim lights. Much more. Most of my lights are difficult to show others because they are so dim.

That's pretty quirky -- even for CPF. :D

maka

Newly Enlightened
hey im happy with what i have anyone can have a look at what i have, you just need to ask, im not shy about showing others