Nuwai Q3...what happen?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten another Nuwai-Q3 and I think something has changed. For one thing I've had it since the 9th and I'm already on my 2nd battery! There's a post out concerning some flicker at cold temps. I put mine in the freezer for 12hrs and ran till dead with the cell that came with it. Nothing. But when I came home one night, I thought I saw some flicker. Has something changed with the Q3 series?

chiphead

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
chiphead wrote: "I've gotten another Nuwai-Q3 and I think something has changed.
Has something changed with the Q3 series?"

Since about August/2005 there has been a newer version of the Nuwai Q3.

The easiest difference is that these newer ones have a tactical type tailswitch - which allows a momentary ON mode - it is actually a modification of the original reverse clicky.

Please see these threads -

Nuwai Q3 has changed driver boards!

and

Nuwai Q3 Changes

The original version draws about 700mA and the newer version draws about 1A - so in theory the newer ones should be brighter, but with a shorter runtime.

However I've been told they both work the same way on 3.6V RCR123 Li-Ion rechargeable.

Also checkout Post #13 of this thread - Concept Behind Reverse Clicky
which explains how the new Q3 "tactical" clicky switch works.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten 1hr15min with companion cell. But there' s still the question of flicker at low temps. It's still a keeper.

chiphead:Walking through life at DEFCON-2.