Fenix LOP Hard ano durability

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my LOP on my key ring for about two months now. It lives with a LOT of keys, and other metal junk.

Close inspection shows NO scratches, mars, or dings on the entire light. What appear to be smears of the brass keys wipe off easily.

It seems to be an excellent hard finish.

Your experiences ?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1P has been banging around in a pocket with an Arc AAA v4 and Leatherman Micra for several weeks. The L1P is showing some wear on the edge of the bezel area, but I sorta like a well-worn light.

best regards

Longbow

Enlightened
I'm satisfied with the finish "wearability" on my sample of the L2P. Arcs and Surefires scratch and wear too.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L0P basically looks as good as new. My L1P - which has never touched another metal surface since I've owned it - shows a few spots of wear... I think perhaps the finish is applied with less care than the bigger dollar lights but as I've said before, folks would be jumping on the Fenix line if it didn't have any sort of HAIII at all. The fact that it does have HAIII, but perhaps isn't the best HAIII in the world, is still a plus but Fenix detractors will jump on the sometimes spotty finish as a detriment.

You can't please all the people all the time.

I tried to scratch my L0P just below the threads with a Camillus knife with 154CM steel (which is the hardest that I currently own) and all it did was rearrange the lube... no scratches.

So, why does my L1P have imperfections though I've babied it while my L0P can't be scratched with good steel? I have no idea.

Still overall, outstanding finished for sub $50 flashlights.

phosphor

Enlightened
Great news on the finish !.....I just purchased the L1P.....and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.
Revisiting the forums after a hiatus.....it took a full week of reading reviews of the Fenix before I "broke down" and bought one ( in no small part due to Longbow's high praise)....What'ya think guys.....I might deserve an award for holding out that long ?

-Regards

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the very first day I had my LOP, during the first time it left the house (about 4 or steps from the door!), I dropped it on the ground and it did receive a tiny chip about the size of a pin point. Other than that, it's held up good, though it's just recently left the keychain and my TWOH Jil 1.3w has returned.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Sounds like they finally took my advice, I gave them the link to the thread saying how weak their old haIII was, they finally put it to use, sent several other emails too, got free fenix for doing so.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put my L0P on my keychain, and it is showing wear, mostly around the base, where the keyring is, but at the bezel (probably from coins) and a couple bits on the side where it rubs against keys. I really don't care; I bought it for the pretty beam, not the pretty body (and it's soon to be replaced by a Jil Intelli anyway).

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
unfortunately, my L1P shows lots of wear with one 1 day of real use outdoors. it was only walking/biking(pedal not motor) around town.