How tight is the fit of the 17500 battery on a TL-3???

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys, I bought a Streamlight TL-3 at Amazon.com for $47 bucks shipped :rock:

And I would like to convert it to 2 x 17500 protected Li-ion cells, some say that the protected 17500 is too fat to fit inside the TL-3 tube, has anyone had a problem fitting the batteries into a TL-3? how tight is the fit? Who got AW cells and how did they fit? Who got Emilion cells and how did they fit?

I have 17670 protected cells on a E2e and a Vital gear 2 cell body and they fit fine, are there differences in the diameter of a cell from one mfr to another?

Thanks!

AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm gettin paranoid!, Is someone other than me able to read this post??? It's been close to 5 posts I made on different threads and no answer!

Ok, who was the prankster who put me on everyone's ignore list?

:lolsign:

:wtf:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
THANK YOU!!!!! :wave:

I tought I was going crazy since the thread went with no replies for a while.

AlexGT

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
2 protected 17500 cells from e-lectronics.net (<he is out at moment) work fine for me, the one furthest in barrel may get a little on the snug side in getting it out due to suction? ..but still they work great.

zehnmm

Enlightened
My protected 17500's from AW fit fine in my TL-3.

Unfortunately, I had to send my TL-3 back in to Streamlight for repair. (See my other thread regarding the bulb popping out of its moorings into the head....) So, for a while, I am out my TL-3 for about 2 weeks.

FYI, I am running 2x 17500's in a VG3 body with a KL1 head. It works fine. The batteries are a bit tight in that body and require a little tapping, or pushing out with the erase part of a pencil, but they do come out.

As far as I am concerned, bulb problems and all, it is hard to beat the TL-3 using rechargeables. For $48 bucks, I get a tremendous throw and brightness out of it. It is very similar in ability to see distant objects in the dark to our household Wally World Garrity light with the biggee battery that weighs about 5 pounds. Other CPFers have posted that they get about an hour of runtime. While I have not done a test, it appears that I am getting just about that. I was keeping it on the bedstand for a tactical use should the need occur.

Best regards!

Cypher

Enlightened
Same story here with AW's cells. Great fit and they work fine. I also have a set of 17500s from e-lectronics and they fit well but require a triple tap to light the lamp which I don't like. I only use AW's in the TL-3 for this reason.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the protected 17500s I got from AW fit the TL-3 with absolutely ZERO problems... They gently slide in and out with no resistance at all. I have a 2 cell Vital Gear light and the protected 17670 from AW are a very tight fit... ie, they need to be pushed out from one end. I just received a 3 cell Vital Gear body today and I was kinda considering running 2 protected 17500s in it and they are an even tighter fit than the 17670s are in the 2 cell body but I'll probably order a couple unprotected 17500s to try out.

Point is, pretty much the 17500s will fit in your TL-3 more easily than the 17670s fit in your Vital Gear body.