Moderators and administrators

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, for me it's all about the booze, back rubs and back room shenanigans. we are the laser thin line standing between you and total chaos.

Now, if you'll excuse me I think I hear that they got the hottub pump working again...

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's more of a responsability, really, IMO. They keep forums like this running smoothly. I've been around the web for a little while and not very many forums run as well as this one does, greatly in part to some excellent moderation and administration..

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[babblemodeon]
No real privileges per say...I used to run a BBS in the old "pre-internet" days (yes we did have a basic networking system where one computer dialed another and then messages & such were downloaded/transferred back & forth)...I'm a gadget freak, into electronics, computers, & such - totally enjoyed providing that service for those that elected to use it.

This way, I still get a "taste" of that hobby without having to dive in as deep as Sasha or the Server Dudes...

It's an honor and a pleasure to try and maintain these halls with over 12,000 members worldwide. I'm not "that deep" into flashlight technology, production, modding, etc as others here are and being a mod helps make me feel like I'm "contributing" a little back to those that have those skills. I certainly respect our community here.

Then of course there's comraderie & friendship here as well as some lighter moments that go along with them while being exposed to techno info that I like...what else can I say.

I was in the Air Force for 21 years working on stuff many folks only dream about or see in movies while learning & developing people skills at the same time. There's an association here with professionals, subject matter experts in their own respective career fields, and a wide variety of folks of all different ages/all different walks of life to learn from, which I personally enjoy & appreciate ALOT!

We've got one of the better (if not BEST) Forums that exist on the Internet as a result of trying to keep these halls free of bickering, whining, foul language, etc...This is not only a result of the Owner, Admins, & Mods - but because of the high caliber of the members as well.

Other than my own personal enjoyment here as one of the Mods (always a GRAND THANK YOU to Sasha & the other Admins & Mods that didn't "blackball" me for offering me this position) my benefits/privileges are the same as yours...

(well then there is that paycheck of course that Darell prints & signs every quarter, but I think that's just for being his friend?! :crackup: Did I tell you that B@rt sent me "several million" Turkish Liras once?)
[/babblemodeoff]

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
xdanx said:
What priveledges do the Moderators and administrators have?
We get all the chicks. :sssh:

Only privelege I can think of is being second-guessed on just about everything we do. ;)

We can edit/delete/move threads and posts, and we can ban members. That's about the long and short of it.

The whole hot-tub thing was supposed to be secret. :green:

I'm curious why you ask???

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Sigman said:
...I used to run a BBS in the old "pre-internet" days (yes we did have a basic networking system where one computer dialed another and then messages & such were downloaded/transferred back & forth)...I'm a gadget freak, into electronics, computers, & such - totally enjoyed providing that service for those that elected to use it...
I used to run a dial-up BBS too, from 07-21-89 to 07-21-99 (exactly ten years).
Being an ex-sysop, I was at least somewhat prepared for moderator duty on CPF. :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
some have the power to transform seriously powerful avatars into ducks :nana:
others can turn themselves into half-animals,
others can make fire out of water,
others don't let things be forgotten,
and others may change my *flashaholic* into *punk* ;) :poke:

Regardless, it's a thankless job they do 'cuz of the goodness of their hearts (and the hot-tub, of course).

xdanx

Enlightened
teleph2.jpg

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
At most websites the mods don't get squat, but I remember seeing photos posted here of this nifty yacht that our mods get to use. ;)