• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti Bezel Rings 4 Sale: Part 2

McGizmo

Flashaholic
EDIT: When these are available, they can be found at the Shoppe. Thanks.

This thread is a continuation of the original Ti Bezel Ring offering thread. I have plenty of these bezel rings on hand now. I will however be closing down the offer here around the 24th of this month and will not be able to again provide these to you until after April 12 when I return from Maui. I will quote the original first post of the sale thread:

Hi guys,

As some of you know, there are replacement bezel rings on the shoppe that are anodized black and fit the Aleph 2, Aleph 19,McLuxIII- PD and by chance, the HDS lights. There have been requests for a crenelated version which have not fallen on deaf ears but since the labor in second operations coupled with minimum run requirements on an Al part worked against making these available in small numbers, I decided to hold off since I had another project in the works. The other project was a limited run of McLux III lights in titanium. I was planning on a crenelated Ti bezel for these anyways and I figured I would get additional rings made for those of us who want a superior bezel on the front of our lights. Any that you guys don't buy, I get to keep! :nana:

Ti-BezelRings.jpg

These bezel rings were and are expensive! The first quote I got was for $45 ea. and that was my cost! I was able to secure a better price through a source provided by a friend and I now can sell these rings for $35 ea. to you and the price includes Priority or Global Priority Mail as well as the PP fees. I am not embarrased by this price nor do I feel any excuses are required. Yes, you can buy a complete flashlight for well below the price of the bezel. On the other hand, price a Ti ring of much simpler design in a jewlery store!

These rings were machined here in California from solid bar stock of 6-4 Titanium.

The bezel rings are provided with a fine satin machine finish. You can elect to bead blast them, polish them and even anodize them yourself.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an E-mail with Ti Bezel in the subject line and provide your CPF name along with your real name and mailing address. I will process your order and notify you when the postage is generated. At that point, feel free to send PayPal. These are subject to availability of those on hand and I may or may not try to get more made.

Thanks for looking!

-Don

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an email about my rings, but I want to make sure that the email address is the same one to paypal the money to.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I will get to your orders today.

PlanterZ and others, yes, you can PP to the same e-mail address I use to notify you of postage and it is the same in my profile.

There have been a number of you getting these for HDS lights as well as inquires about a Ti clip for the HDS. To my knowledge, these rings fit the HDS light and aside from the post in the previous thread, most of you have been satisfied with the fit of these rings in the HDS or you have not been vocal with your lack of satisfaction. :shrug: There is a gap betwen the ring and the lip of the head and this is the case on PD's as well. Due to variations in dimension and the tolerance stack, the bezel needs to seat the window firmly prior to bottoming out against the front of the head. A gap is the result.

Regarding the Ti clip and the HDS lights, it can be used but you will need to drill and tap an additional mounting hole as well as leave one of the existing holes vacant. Feel free to start another thread on the Ti parts and the HDS lights if you wish. :)

Daz, sorry but I won't sell you a Ti Bezel ring. Watch your mail box though. :nana:

billybright

Enlightened
IMHO, the Ti bezels fit my HDS lights perfectly!

edit: could be some slight variation between older & newer models:shrug:

click on picture

McGizmo said:
Hi guys,
I will get to your orders today.

PlanterZ and others, yes, you can PP to the same e-mail address I use to notify you of postage and it is the same in my profile.

There have been a number of you getting these for HDS lights as well as inquires about a Ti clip for the HDS. To my knowledge, these rings fit the HDS light and aside from the post in the previous thread, most of you have been satisfied with the fit of these rings in the HDS or you have not been vocal with your lack of satisfaction.
icon3.gif
There is a gap betwen the ring and the lip of the head and this is the case on PD's as well. Due to variations in dimension and the tolerance stack, the bezel needs to seat the window firmly prior to bottoming out against the front of the head. A gap is the result.

Regarding the Ti clip and the HDS lights, it can be used but you will need to drill and tap an additional mounting hole as well as leave one of the existing holes vacant. Feel free to start another thread on the Ti parts and the HDS lights if you wish.
smile.gif

Daz, sorry but I won't sell you a Ti Bezel ring. Watch your mail box though.
nana.gif

Last edited:

JackBlades

Enlightened
Hey all you guys posting pics of this gorgeous ring on your HDS lights.....Why haven't you yet swapped out the lame phillips screws with Stainless button-head allen screws? Chuck 'em in a drill and polish the heads with 600 grit. They look way better than the black screws!

:wave:

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
I had two issues with mine, the first I assume being an issue with how my HDS was put together... When I put the Ti ring on initially, I was seeing threads from the bezel in the gap. I literally had to remove half of the threads to end up with something the same thickness as the original bezel screw. After I did this, the lens was rattling a bit because I didn't realize the section above the threads was a touch larger in diameter from the threads (and at this point the gap was similar to what I have seen on other HDS's). If everything was tight at this point, I probably wouldn't have bothered taking the top section down, but with a little work, I got everything to fit snug, and the gap was a bit smaller as well:
HDS7.jpg

Since other people haven't had similar issues, I'm assuming the issue was with my light and not the ring...

Grubbster

Enlightened
I also had to remove some of the bottom threads to fit my HDS. No big deal. I used sandpaper on a flat surface and sanded the bottom. Keep fitting and go slow when you get close. Titanium seems to sand about like aluminum so its not too hard to do. As others have said, there will be a gap, but it is the design of the ring and actually matches the gap between the battery tube and head. I like mine. It gets rid of those 4 slots you see in the beam from the slots in the stock bezel. I also think it may brighten up the spill due to the reflectivity of the ti. No scientific evidence though.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
JackBlades said:
Hey all you guys posting pics of this gorgeous ring on your HDS lights.....Why haven't you yet swapped out the lame phillips screws with Stainless button-head allen screws? Chuck 'em in a drill and polish the heads with 600 grit. They look way better than the black screws!

Cuz we are all waiting for a better clip (Ti would be nice..) option to come along so we can chuck the whole thing! :)

-john

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the Ti bezels on an HDS and while there may be a small gap, I have to say that I really didn't notice it until it was brought up on the forum and now that I do, I really don't find it to be a problem. For me, works great--serves the primary job for which I screwed it on--prevent damage in the event of a drop--something that DOES happen. Don't see any gap in the dark either--when I use the light......

Karlthev