Wackiest Spam message you've gotten?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a spam message in my inbox in my gmail account. Gmail is very good at catching spam, but this one got throught. I decided to read it to see what it was about (didn't open the attachemnt though) and this is what I found:

"disappoint how explain leader sandwich gym. pride why off use tying again. suddenly not different, beautiful yours hard commit my she, profession nothing music. my make different he pretty commit. raise my pride mentioned he. shining love leader profession appearance. gym did already. promised explain anything wrong news slow. or disappoint next tying appearance. companion money motor off, hard off disappoint fly arms disappoint."

Ok What? :huh2:

Who comes up with this stuff? I mean ok your spam message got through the filter, but anyone who reads it will delete it as it's gibberish! Why send spam if there is no purpose to profit from? I just don't get it!! You're not selling anything! This is the equvilant of prank calling someone!

Now I guess this could of been sent with a virus attachment, and therefore they don't care if it's gibberish, but I've seen other ones sellign things that don't make any sense either!

Anyone else had a weird one like that?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those appear all the time, along with identical Usenet postings. I'm not sure how all the filters work but the spam software creates these messages to bypass them. I guess if there are enough valid words it will get through.

carrot

Flashaholic
I've gotten spams so graphic I'd rather not post them here. All I can say is most of them assume guys are sadistic and want to have certain enhancements so they *hurt* their partners...

^ Is that SFW enough?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya some of those "enhancement" emails are pretty graphic just by the topic, not to mention just redicoulous that sometimes they make you laugh. Seems those and "micro cap stock" is all that comes through anymore. I kinda of miss the prozac ones, depresses me... LOL!!

h_nu

Enlightened
I don't get any spam at home because I have a non-standard type of naming for the address and keep tight control on giving it out. But I do get spam at work even though they say they filter it out as best they can.

Don't know what the email says though. I delete it unread if I don't recognize the sender. Too bad all email doesn't have a country of origin flag though. I don't know anyone in Eastern Europe or China so I could filter it out.

Bob_G

Enlightened
I delete everything off the server with MailWasher, but sometimes I "view complete header" (so they don't know you've opened the mail) for interesting ones. My favorite was something about seeing my grandma doing it with a farm animal. I liked it because they thought they were spamming me, but I see that pretty much every day, so not much of a spam.

mdocod

Flashaholic
||||||||||||somewhere Meds at 82% Disccount: \/iagra, Xannax, Zo1oft, Valiuum, Ambiien, Ciaa11is, Atiivan, Merridia servants Spam

Billi Wesley
<[email protected]>to me
More options 4:46 am (13 hours ago)
fascinate carefully money anything love benefit? not evening similar already a edge,
nothing nothing turning slow wife thus. how is hard. how she off?
out embarrass hard use my purpose, edge studied fascinate reply raise shining. immediate black end drew few latter.
why leader commit,
anything how friends why? force happened anything sugar leader allow, she wanted corner sandwich not already.|||||||||||||||

i've been getting a lot of spam like this, some of them suggest I need an "enhancement" to my manhood, other seem to imply that I need to invest in some useless merchandise.. but one things for sure, all the words are mixed up and don't make any sense.

||||||||||||SAD TO HAVE SHORT D1CCK, BIGGER 2" NOW AT LOW carefully Spam

Hertha Alicia
<[email protected]>to me
More options Feb 13 (1 day ago)
again allow human. few raise latter.
anybody next profession.
make leader slow light. steps turning parents evening? not miserable different fire sandwich.
reference motor light development motor.
appearance whom news immediate raise. my end he.|||||||||||||||

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
You don't want to open any of the attachments. Some of them are virus and others are spyware/adware. Depending on your OS and mail reader it may execute immediately.

Even the best antivirus program will not catch the virus in the first hours that it's released, so don't count on that.

Wackiest spam? Hmmmm. I've been the designated blocked spam reviewer for a medium sized company, so I think I've seen them all. I had to look at every blocked message to ensure that it was not something the company officers may really need to see. We did not want to offend their sensibilities. Nothing shocks me.

I think the saddest are the spam from companies that provide spam blockers. You know the ones. Buy our program and you'll never suffer through spam again! Yeah, Right!

Second wackiest are the ones from one of teh two big political parties. They think I'm a big contributer so they keeps soliciting donations. They don't seem to notice that I'm regestered to the other political party.

Favorite spam?
To: %LISTNAME%
Subject: cial%[iI1]s

Dear %LISTNAME%

Our Company, %RANDOM_NAME% is selling the best male enhancements

Daniel

Navck

Enlightened
I gotta laugh at these
"Hi I'm (Generic name) from (Generic 3rd world country), I'm trying to (Transfer a specific sum of money, large ammount going to the multi millions range), if you can help me I can award you (A big ammount in millions)"
Then theres a big 23 paragraph lawyer-school-book-copy thing saying blabla about his country
Then it goes
"I require your bank account, ID, name, and social security"
Some I've seen actually mention "I need your housekey" (Huh?)

Then you have "GET ENLARGED/DELARGED".

Bob_G

Enlightened
I think the saddest are the spam from companies that provide spam blockers. You know the ones. Buy our program and you'll never suffer through spam again! Yeah, Right!
But think if you were a spammer, and that was your basic world daily grind wise. At some point in the history of spam, those didn't exist - so if you were the guy that thought of it first, how cool would that be? It's such a great idea, and it's literally a Trojan horse :D

Oh man, I made a pun ... I have to go to bed.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I think that SPAM is really a natural tendancy. I say that because both my dear old mother and one of my brothers have at some point had a great idea they wanted to share with the world. They both asked me how to get a list of all the e-mail addresses in the world so they could tell everyone about their idea. Both were sincere.

That was before spam became widespread.

Daniel