Terralux TLE-5 vs Fenix L2P beamshot!

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know if anyone can post a picture of beamshots of the TLE-5 vs the Fenix L2P. I already own the TLE-5 and I want to see the difference before ordering the L2P.

Thanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your TLE-5 one of the most recent ones with the guaranteed R-bin? If so, I'd expect the L2P to be similar, but probably slightly brighter. I had one of the R-bin TLE-5s and it looked basically exactly the same as my best L1P. Even a similar 'beam shape'.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's the old with the side emitting lux. I use it with a LDF lens from flashlightlens.com so I have almost no throw but I find it is a good light for close tasks (like building computers ;)).

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh... well, I've had three TLE-5s so far and except for the most recent R-binned ones, the Fenix will absolutely blow the old ones away. I'd do a comparison beamshot for you, but I no longer have any of them.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I have both,the fenix makes it look like the TLE5 is not even on!I also put a diffuser on so now they have a different purposes.The Fenix is really a great all around light,it will fit in a pocket standing on edge,holster it or coat pocket,it has a nice center beam and a wide spill light.Good for inside and out,dog walking etc.It is very well made.I like it :) The fenix beam is much smoother and brighter than my side emitter tle5.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
The side emitter TLE-5 is the older version. The newer versions use R-bin luxeons, the same as the fenix. They are around twice as bright as the old versions.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I got mine about a month ago.Is it a side emitter or a new r bin?I got it on these boards.Can you tell by looking at it?Any pics of the differences?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
if you got yours a month ago, it is most likely the R-bin. I think they switched over in november.