Silent Hill light?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who know about this PS/PS2 game, which flashlight would you use? If you don't know about this game, try googling it and a few pics should give you an idea of how scary it is. BTW it can be any game from the series (1-4).

Personally I'll take the SF A2 with GG&G TID.:rock: I'd take the SF M6 but it's a battery guzzler.:awman:

Greg

Newly Enlightened
With all the fog and scary crap in that game, I would take a vector spotlight and a SF M6 strapped to an assault rifle.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, this reminds me of all those "what guns would you take if in zombie territory" on the other forums I frequent.

For fog and scary stuff I'd have my main light (maybe a SF M4 Devastator) and like four more for backup.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I was thinking about how many batteries can I carry, how fast the light will run out, et cetera but looking back you never run out in the game.=P

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your flashlight in Half-Life 2 runs out. You have the world's most high-tech environmental/battle armor suit with like a 1W flashlight than can only run for one minute at a time.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Uhm, how about 2 headlights an 2 taillights on a fast car speeding away from that creepy silent hill place as fast as possible??

As an ADD patient with a really strong tendency to hyperfocus on videogames, the Silent Hill series is not recommended... But I've played most of them anyway... :grin2: Once while playing in silent hill part 1 at night without any lights on, I actually grabbed my Nerf gun and shot my TV several times as a reflex... how bad is that??

But if I did have to go there, I'd probably take this:

Keychain-Toe-1.jpg.jpg

strapped to this:

m1a2.jpg

ginaz

Enlightened
he he he. i'd second the a2. i've always been leery of a flashlights power to broadcast your location to others as well as reveal others location to you. i've frequently put my hand over the lens to let only a sliver of light escape through my fingers. i'd want a light with multiple levels and extended runtime, maybe the HDS or an aleph?

drizzle

Enlightened
MayCooper said:
Once while playing in silent hill part 1 at night without any lights on, I actually grabbed my Nerf gun and shot my TV several times as a reflex... how bad is that??
I think it's a good thing it was only a Nerf gun or it could have been much worse. :whistle:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's not Silent Hill, but what do you guys think about the Doom 3 light? IT SUCKS BAD! It must be like 3 lumens, even though it's like the year 2145!?

tdurand

Enlightened
I played Doom 3 in the dark anyway. I never did any of those flashlight mods although they looked cool. Most of the time some Imp would pop out and light up the room anyway.

As for a Silent Hill after seeing my Xeray 50W, I'd take the BB. I wouldn't kill any zombies, just a nice second/third degree burn.

BTW that game had some sluggish controls.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa never knew about Doom 3 flashlight mods, but the light has like no spill with moderate-weak throw. All that while you're trying to identify enemies by juggling a light and weapon, argh.

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign:

Way to go! I m too scared to play silent hill.
I ve not even completed F.E.A.R. <too many coffee spill on the keyboard as I got shock and scare the sh*t out of my pants, knock over my coffee cup.

I ll say it be better off to bring Mr Ted with his HID collection to Silent Hill to do a Superlight Shootout IV. :lolsign:

Seriously a handheld HID in that game would help alot

MayCooper said:
But if I did have to go there, I'd probably take this:

Keychain-Toe-1.jpg.jpg

strapped to this:

m1a2.jpg

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just watched the movie, opened today over here.
The officer looks like she's using an M6, other than the shoulder-strapped light.

There were also some old school lights; some of them looked like one in the thread about our oldest lights, with a big batt pack connected below the flashlight.

OrBy

Newly Enlightened
Sort of on the same topic - in the movie that came out - what type of light did the cop have on her shoulder/chest? It was some sort of area light from the looks of it.

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
Seeing all the Silent Hill experts here I have to ask, what the heck was that place? Was the town posessed or was it a gateway to hell?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never played the game but based on the movie, it seemed like the townsfolk themselves invited evil when they went on a witchhunt and started burning witches. The fires backfired and burnt the town down.

Then the devil returns with the burnt witch for revenge against the fanatics.

I don't know what the cop's shoulder light is; it's like a rectangle plate/box light. I'm sure some cops can chip in if it is a real police issue item.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
dudemar said:
Yeah I was thinking about how many batteries can I carry, how fast the light will run out, et cetera but looking back you never run out in the game.=P

You do in part 2. You find a battery and have to switch out. I always got a chuckle out of "Pyramid Head" dragging around that broad sword. Looked like he was staggering drunk.

I would definitely prefer a light with much more throw. Standing in a dark hallway with one shotgun shell left and hearing that static start on the radio (indicating a monster is close by) and then turning around to be greeted by "mannequin/nurse" monsters is no fun. :aaa:

Last edited: