from where to buy Nite-Ize IQ switch

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)Hi,

This refers to a long pending project.... MiniMag AA Project till now I have collected following things

1) Mini Mag 2AA
2) Built some copper Heat Sinks, got Good IMS Reflectors (both 17 and 20 mm)
3) Got Protected AA Li-Ion Cells from AW
4) Awaiting K2 from PhotonFanatic
5) Awaiting Dummy AA from AW
6) Nite-Ize IQ switch --- PENDING (where to buy?) Link

Cost wise, all this should be well below $40 Mark and yet it would be an ULTIMATE miniMag AA for me :)

Thanks in Advance
ViReN

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they just announced that they'd be available in April.

Personally, I can't wait to get a couple, too!

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know lighthound will carry them and i imagine pocketlights will as well. I'm wary of them being able to handle high amounts of current, but i'll definitely be picking some up if they can.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
it doesent matter if it handles high amount of current or not.... what matters is the Price :) at less than $9 .... it is cheapest Intelegent Switch available in market... what's more interesting is that it will work by just plugging in to the tail (no need of any additional things) ... it takes current from -ve of battery through +ve and it does all things with these 2 connections only !!!

Code:
                      (Bulb)
|--------------MMMM------------(+ve)
|                                                |
|                                           Batteries
|-----------IQ--Switch-----------(-ve)

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It *does* matter if it handles high current/voltage. Once you make a switch intelligent, all bets are off.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how much current the transistor/fet/etc that it has in there can handle. Try pulling 1 amp to a high powered luxeon and it may fry!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the new IQ tail cap have a lanyard hole?

(There's another thread on the same topic and I just posed the same question there, too.)

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Does anyone know if its water resistant? I use my modified Mag for work and it wouldl have to endure all weathers!

Doug

greenLED

Flashaholic
Archangel said:
It *does* matter if it handles high current/voltage. Once you make a switch intelligent, all bets are off.

Here's a link to the spec sheets so you have more info to discuss the electrical technicalities of the switch.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I'm looking at the pictures right now...not seeing a hole for a larnyard. Is it attached on the outside?

C4LED

Enlightened
dougmccoy said:
Does anyone know if its water resistant? I use my modified Mag for work and it wouldl have to endure all weathers!

Doug

Excellent question! And, is it metal or plastic?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Archangel said:

If you see the other products in the IQ Series developed orignaly by http://www.azoteq.co.za

you might see that they have high power InCand's being controlled...

When one designs a product, they usually design it for multiple use (example handle higher currents) up to 1 Amp should be a normal thing... (although this is just a speculation)...

my intention to drive Lux K2 is at 350 mA ... and i am dead sure that it can handle that current. (i have refered to product datasheets available at www.azoteq.co.za)

only time will tell how things work :) .... alternately i can add 1, 2, 5 or 10 Ohm Resistor to reduce the current

Connor

Enlightened
Will the IQ switch fit everything the Kroll switch does?
I would love to pop one of those into my ARC LS with 2xAA tube ..

-Connor

greenLED

Flashaholic
yes, it has an attachment point

yes, it's waterproof

it has the same threads (metal, BTW) as a minimag (=kroll) so it should fit anywhere we use the kroll

it's still unproven whether it'll work w/Lux drop-ins (they told me @ SHOT that they would but I couldn't check myself - no sammie on me)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Now that's a great idea, Conner. I would definitely get one to use with my Arc LS, too. I eagerly await their arrival.

Geoff