Overdriving Luxeons in multi-cell lights with Lithium batt's ! ?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't this just asking for a Lithium battery reverse-charge meltdown of the critical mass neuclear core in

multi-cell flashlights if you've got a defective cell and don't know it ? (ie: overdriven Golsten7W Luxeon)

:poof: . :oops:..........:awman:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup!

I only use Single Cell lights Like these for LiON batts :)

Even those pose potential problematic persuasion to ex-plode. Take for instance the popular Orb RAW Ubin I have that uses a LiON 3.7v 300.mAh battery. This thing is DD and puts a big demand on the battery for the first minute or so. That's pro'ly the time it could happen. Maybe I shouldn't try to keep it topped up all the time! But that DD Ubin is so sweet blasting out of that tiny package!!
flashed.gif

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Yup!

I only use Single Cell lights Like these for LiON batts :)

Even those pose potential problematic persuasion to ex-plode. Take for instance the popular Orb RAW Ubin I have that uses a LiON 3.7v 300.mAh battery. This thing is DD and puts a big demand on the battery for the first minute or so. That's pro'ly the time it could happen. Maybe I shouldn't try to keep it topped up all the time! But that DD Ubin is so sweet blasting out of that tiny package!!
flashed.gif

Yeah....it's really a pretty serious matter.:poof:

But I don't think many people are paying attention .:)

I hope we don't hear any more light explosion stories .:)