what is a "AWR nano"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AWR Nano is Andrew Wynn's 3 level li-ion luxIII light. It uses a AAA sized li-ion battery in a Peak/Arc AAA body. Andrew even modifies the head to a parabolic shape to get a more traditional beam. Apparently they are very labor intensive for him to make and he has fallen behind his anticipated delivery schedule.

TinderBox (UK) said:
I have read bit`s and pieces about a flashlight called a AWR nano.

can anyone fill in the gaps.

when i do a search all i get is nano chager.

regards.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know, you can't buy in this run unless you were on the list a LONG time ago. And with the other projects Andrew has lined up (BAM, MiniMighty, Hotwire driver) there won't be a second run for a while.

As for pictures, you'll have to look through the threads mentioned above. He has a website with pics inc beamshots etc, but the link for it escapes me.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
the_beast said:
As far as I know, you can't buy in this run unless you were on the list a LONG time ago. And with the other projects Andrew has lined up (BAM, MiniMighty, Hotwire driver) there won't be a second run for a while.

As for pictures, you'll have to look through the threads mentioned above. He has a website with pics inc beamshots etc, but the link for it escapes me.

Yep, and the link I posted has links throughout the thread leading to his website with pictures and everything else. Just read it :shrug:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every so often one of the lucky few who have recieved their nanos puts it up for sale otherwise gotta wait for the next run behind the rest of us who are still in line for the first run. from what I've seen in pics from him its the size of a Peak AAA light.

doug

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted an ARC AAA, but i hate blue led`s

and every luxeon 1, 3, 5 : i have ever had has a nice white light.

so when i see that someone had installed a luxeon in an ARC AAA body.

fantastic. and it has three light levels.

but now i find out it has to use an AAA lin-ion rechargable battery.

and the wait time for one, is like people had to wait in the old soviet union, for an lada car, or a one room apartment.

I think i will give it a miss. :awman:

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.