Date of Product realease announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Gransee,

I'd not be surprised if there are plenty of folks out there on tight budgets (perhaps imposed by their signifigant other:rant:) for flashlight purchases. That being the case, buying now means not buying later so would you give us idea of when the next Arc offering will be announced ?

NoShadow

Enlightened
'Order Now' as opposed to 'Pre-Order Now' means they are in stock, ready to ship. Next offering? Not yet....I would like to get a couple more of the AAA's first.

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just like to know when he plans on telling us what the new offering is. We're talking Arc so I know it won't be cheap and it'll require a little smuggling from my accounts over time to avoid the wrath of my girlfriend. If the announcement is 6 months from now then I can enjoy a few bucks here and there without worrying about missing out. If it's 2 weeks from now, well, I'd like to begin scrimping were I can.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Her "wrath" may not be easily tolerated when married.

If you work for it you shall be allowed to do with it as you -lease. Only thing she can counter with it is if you're not sustaining, let's just say, overhead.

Go-hergottahavegoodflashlightsandgunsGo-her

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy a ring sometime this year. Doubt we'll ever actually get married though. We've got a mortgage together and that is alot more binding than a wedding certificate and harder to get out of.

Back on topic though,

Hey Peter, I'm getting old here waiting to see whats next!:rant::)

icecube

Newly Enlightened
xochi said:
. We're talking Arc so I know it won't be cheap

I'd rather buy quality over quantity.

I, could care less how many -lastic LED flashlights folks over in Asia or even here can cough out—I'd rather s-end more on quality.

It's the American way, or was.

Go-heradisturbinglackofqualityinmodernworldGo-her

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi, sorry I can't give you more information right now. I have a fairly good idea what the new light will entail but I need to verify it with more tests before announcing it. Even after it is initially announced, I will have more tests before it is committed to production.

peter

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee said:
xochi, sorry I can't give you more information right now. I have a fairly good idea what the new light will entail but I need to verify it with more tests before announcing it. Even after it is initially announced, I will have more tests before it is committed to production.

peter

How about now? :):popcorn:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an accurate number for you. Sorry. I won't know for sure until they are sitting in the warehouse.

Here's a tiny bit more information for those who like to follow product developments:

The light is in it's 5th prototype revision. This revision is pretty close to a production revision in my opinion, of course more testing is in order. I plan on expanded beta testing within about 60 days. No, I don't need any more beta testers. Sorry. The beta test period and subsequent revisions could take awhile, depending on how well the current rev performs. Production hopefully will occur this year. :)

Previous versions have not enjoyed an expanded beta test. Flaws with those revisions showed up with our own internal testing. Evidently, I now feel the current design has finally matured to a point where it is prudent to increase the types of users, enviroments, etc.

Of course I want to take the product to production as soon as possible, but I am familiar with the process of product development enough to know that we must test the design well.

Peter

frisco

Enlightened
xochi said:
I'll buy a ring sometime this year. Doubt we'll ever actually get married though. We've got a mortgage together and that is alot more binding than a wedding certificate and harder to get out of. :rant::)

Xochi...... Been there... done that.... good luck! Mine didn't work out.... thank God!

- Rule one. Never.... Never .... did I say never.... let them know and or control all the money. In your case you need a joint account and you each feed it every month for house related stuff than you each have your own accounts!
If you can't get forty bucks at a moments notice without getting in trouble.... your done! Game over !!!!

I do wish you good luck....

frisco

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee said:
I don't have an accurate number for you. Sorry. I won't know for sure until they are sitting in the warehouse.

Here's a tiny bit more information for those who like to follow product developments:

The light is in it's 5th prototype revision. This revision is pretty close to a production revision in my opinion, of course more testing is in order. I plan on expanded beta testing within about 60 days. No, I don't need any more beta testers. Sorry. The beta test period and subsequent revisions could take awhile, depending on how well the current rev performs. Production hopefully will occur this year. :)

Previous versions have not enjoyed an expanded beta test. Flaws with those revisions showed up with our own internal testing. Evidently, I now feel the current design has finally matured to a point where it is prudent to increase the types of users, enviroments, etc.

Of course I want to take the product to production as soon as possible, but I am familiar with the process of product development enough to know that we must test the design well.

Peter

Great! Thanks for the update! You really should let me beta for you since I've a proven record of not refraining from antagonizing you:whistle: so you can be sure that I'll nitpick... I also work outside and sweat alot so you will know for sure just how well your new baby stands up to a high humidity/dusty environment. Not to mention the other outdoor conditions involved in line work....

I know, I'm grasping at straws , BUT, it is good to hear that the future Arc is getting this expanded beta testing. Perhaps this is indicative of the new products greater sophistication.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
frisco said:
Xochi...... Been there... done that.... good luck! Mine didn't work out.... thank God!

- Rule one. Never.... Never .... did I say never.... let them know and or control all the money. In your case you need a joint account and you each feed it every month for house related stuff than you each have your own accounts!
If you can't get forty bucks at a moments notice without getting in trouble.... your done! Game over !!!!

I do wish you good luck....

frisco

We've got two joint accounts , no secrets here. Mainly the problem is some financial insecurity relating to my shoulder injury ( goin back to work on monday april 3, YEA BABY! I'm bored as H-E-double hockey sticks) and her impending unemployment (which will be okay since we just found out she'll get a fat severence and lots of replacement assisstance).

The other big issue is that I get dirty looks everytime a package shows up in the mail and she doesn't have an artificially valued hunk of sparkly carbon on her finger. According to her co-workers , I've officially attained 'scrub' status :crackup:.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what exactly the light is going to have... based on principle/history/philosophy of Arc Flashlights....

Here is what it will have....
1) Small
2) Long Runtime
3) Good Brightness
4) Probably AAA or an AA (also CR2, Cr123 can't be eliminated)
5) Luxeon or a Cluster LED, definately not a single 5 mm
6) Priced between $40 - $120
7) At last but not the least, The Arc Quality

why do you worry so much xochi :)

now all that remains is, when the light will be out :p

I deliberatey left the switch ... because it is something that must be kept secret :) (it could be electronic or manual, that's all i can say)

Status
Not open for further replies.