Safety1st's trip to Scotland........

Safety1st

Enlightened
Mrs S1 and I have just got back from a 4 day trip to Scotland... Edinburgh and some small fishing villages...

Although the weather wasn't brilliant....the trip was superb......

Thought I'd share some memories with you all...

Edinburgh
S2400016.jpg

S2400036.jpg

S2400038.jpg

S2400019.jpg

FieldMarshal Haig's statue..
S2400028.jpg

HMS Britannia....HRH's The Queen's vessel
S2400084.jpg

S2400074.jpg

Fishing village of Dunure..next to where my in-laws live...
S2400101.jpg

Last edited:

Safety1st

Enlightened
Flying Turtle said:
Thanks for the pics, Safety1st. Looks like it was a nice getaway.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

My wife and I are not much in the way of photographers...but you get the general idea of the place, I think..

The best part was the trip aboard the HMS Britannia....absolutely superb.....

dougmccoy

Enlightened
S1

I think that the piccies are very reasonable. Glad you enjoyed HMS Britannia......I bet HM misses it!!

Doug

CLHC

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing them pictures Safety1st!

Scotland is on my list of must visit. The only "castle" that I went to was Hearst in San Simeon. The other "palace" was Iolani in Honolulu. That's it. But that castle shot—

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, now do I want a wee dram of Lagavulin or Laphroaig after looking at those pictures...?

Nice get-away shots.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Lot of history in those pics.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Indeed very nice pics! Love the architecture...Thanks for sharing!!

BTW, I live in Anchorage (well not the one in your pic!)...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Edinburgh is a nice place to visit every now and then. Good combination of nature, history, and modern city. :)

Safety1st

Enlightened
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I don't have any significant desire to leave this country for any reason, but Scotland looks cool!

The Mrs. looks like a nice lady too!

Hi Joe...

You must leave your country and have a look round. But be sure to have toured yours first....

There are some wonderful places over here in Europe...and with each country being very reachable and accessable....the choice is wide...

Having said that, I absolutely loved my first visit to the states last year...and we're planning on returning in '07.

Mrs S1 is a nice lady. Thanks. She's a heart of gold, she's pretty and she's a tough cookie. She's been in law enforcement from practically leaving college in 1985. Drug Squad, domestic violence..etc..Now a plain clothes protection officer looking after vulnerable people, witnesses..etc

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, really need to visit Edinburgh again sometime...really have no excuse not to, given that it's all of three hours drive from here!

Nice place to visit, but whatever you do, don't even TRY driving there, unless you know absolutely and precisely where you're going! Once you're lost, you'll be going around in circles for hours! Not quite as confusing as Glasgow...but close!

If you're interested in a variety of architechture, it's worth a trip up to Aberdeen if you're in that sort of area again, we've got bits from all kinds of periods here. Council's even got webcams on the main street there (Union Street), so you can see what's going on. Those cameras are actually on (and on the one next to) the building I work in.
Aberdeen City Council's webpage

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
That's just it S1, I haven't seen NEARLY all of my own country! A whole bunch of :broke: is the spoken word around here. Even though I'm part owner and the Service Manager it just ain't paying too much more than house and truck notes.

It SHOULD get better in March... but we will see!