Fenix L2P, Dust behind lens

NickelPlate

Enlightened
Hi All,

I'm noticing on my L2P the slow and gradual accumulation of dust particles behind the lens and on the reflector. Anyone else noticing this? It's not a big deal right now but, I could forsee the need to take it apart for cleaning in the future. What worries me are the horror stories I've read of other people trying to get the loctited heads off these things.

Regards,

Dave

cyberhobo

Enlightened
No dust behind the lens of my L2P. It's been my EDC for a month now. I've heard about the head not unscrewing easily, mine unscrewed just like the tail cap (without a problem).

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you might do in the future is find out whether or not the electrical module inside the head is potted and sealed up. If so, take some distilled water and flood the head a few times while emptying it out. That would clean it I suspect and not hurt the electronics at all if its potted. Just let it dry out overnight, or do what I did. Put it in the oven on low for a little while and that will dry it out...as long as the water you use doesnt have any chlorine or other chemicals in it...

-C