Flashlight moment

drmaxx

Enlightened
Imagine: Deep down in the guts of a half finnished large building. Open holes, beams and stacks of tiles all over the place, not easy to get around. We are a group of visitors in neat outfits listening to the guide, explaining the latest and greatest. Suddently, the light goes off - it is pitch dark. And there we are 12 people that do not dare to move because you do not now whether you'll hit the head or fall down a hole.
This is the moment for my Fenix L1P to shine! The only flashlight of the group. It took a while to guide everybody safe out of the underground back to the daylight. But such a moment confirms why it makes so much sense to EDC a good flashlight.

atm

Enlightened
This sort of situation answers all those "why do you carry a light?" questions nicely.

The L1P would have been great in that situation I'd imagine, it's size versus output makes it one of the best EDCs around IMHO.

Thanks for the story (a worthy addition to Carrot's collection I'd reckon)!

Andrew

tron3

Banned
My moment involves lighting up the church van so the choir could load up in the dark spot behind the church.

No where near as cool as your situation. :awman:

carrot

Flashaholic
The Fenix L1P is one of those lights I'd consider a perfect EDC. Small and unobtrusive, it can easily slip into a suit pocket or on your belt without people pestering you. Even better, it uses common batteries. But since I'm so in love with my A2, I have to carry both. :D You know you're a flashaholic when you can't decide which light to take... so you take them all! (Yeah... got a few more stowed in my bag.)

atm said:
Thanks for the story (a worthy addition to Carrot's collection I'd reckon)!
Done. :) I'm glad to see people are actually using it... some great stories here on CPF, wouldn't want them to be lost to time. (Speaking of time, I've been digging in the archives; some really great stories people might miss.)

drmaxx

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the kind replys.
carrot: It is a great idea to have all these satisfying flashlight moments collected in one place. Kind of expensive though, because just reading some of the posts makes me want to buy an other light...

Latest posts