Coast Tac Torch at Costco

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads up about the Coast Tac Torch at some of the Costco stores. It looks like this product may be headed out the door. The price has been dropped at some Costco stores to $24.97 where it is still stocked. For those CPF'ers in the San Jose area, it's only in the Senter Road store (next to the LED worklight which has been reduced to $14.97.)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right, I haven't seen it in the Blossom Hill Road store of San Jose for quite some time.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things that are to be liquidated tend to end up at the San Jose (Senter) store (so keep an eye out when going through that warehouse, they just change the SKU, nothing is actually marked as 'clearance'.) Like grocery stores, local demographics have a lot of influence on the inventory that is stocked. The Almaden store tends to cater to a higher socio-economic demographic than the San Jose store. As such, there are a lot of 'regular' Costco inventory items that never seem to in the Almaden store and occasionally there will be items that are only available at Almaden and a few of their other stores that are located near the higher-rent neighborhoods.

I seem to remember seeing the Coast light at Almaden for a very short period just before Christmas. I don't think the LED worklight was ever there.

LowBat said:
You're right, I haven't seen it in the Blossom Hill Road store of San Jose for quite some time.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
dsc01501small3qm.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same price at my local Costco (Norwalk, Calif.) and they also have the Inova "TacTorch" for $29, which I think is $20 cheaper than Lowe's price.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly which Inova model is it that they're carrying at your Costco? Maybe something for me to look out for at our local store(s) :).

scott.cr said:
Same price at my local Costco (Norwalk, Calif.) and they also have the Inova "TacTorch" for $29, which I think is $20 cheaper than Lowe's price.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly which Inova model is it that they're carrying at your Costco? Maybe something for me to look out for at our local store(s)

I could be wrong on the name... but it's the one that's in the package with the little "mirror" in it, so you can beam yourself in the face to see how bright it is while still in the pack.