Just ordered a Fenix L2P...

Leeoniya

Enlightened
I'm usually not a fan of 2 cell lights, i was never a fan of the minimag. but when i saw the lithium runtime graphs (390mins at full brightness...whoa!!!!), R binned Lux1, (i would assume the P indicates a good x0 or w0 tint) HAIII, all for under $50, i was sold! i guess the main thing that bugged me about the minimag was (other than no regulation, and yellow incand light) the fact that i didnt like how it was balanced, the heavy head on the end made is weird to handle. I have a T1, Q3, and a 667ma 17mm TW0J UCL Arc-LSH-P, and i think the T1 has fantastic balance, but it's CR123A thickness, the L2P will seem like a toothpick compared to all my CR123 lights.

but...then i read about the problem of it being sealed too well for its own good and having batteriess start leaking gas after one discharges fully...a problem that seems to plague all 2-cell lights. Guess i'll be putting a pinhole in my rubber switchboot :), no biggie if this light is everything it says it is.

any good/bad comments from owners regarding beam quality, sidespill, throw, tint, useability? (preferably so i know what to expect given what lights i already own)??

thanks,
Leon

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leon -

I posted a beamshot of the L1P in this thread. The L2P is very similar in output, and perhaps just a bit brighter but not much. The selling point of the latter over the former is runtime and regulation. Regulation is a big deal to me, and the L2P is absolutely flat. I keep an L1P in my pocket, and the L2P in the sleeping chamber. Both are fed NiMH which get changed regularly. They are a nice combo of throwy and floody. I can't find anything not to like about either light.

Dec.jpg

morph2.jpg

Edited to add: click here for a nice review at flashlightreviews.com.

best regards

Last edited:

onthebeam

Enlightened
I just received my L2P. I don't find it meaningfully brighter than the L1P. It has a little brighter spot and a bit less fill. Is this the impression of others?

My L2P is slightly bluer than the L1P, which itself was ever so slightly green. Still within range, though. The luxeon lottery at work, I suppose.

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd have a difficult time telling the difference between my L1P and L2P's output just using the old eyeball test. Runtime, regulation and size are the distinguishing factors.

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
I have both and I like the l2p's beam better,and seems brighter and a softer white(cant explain it just better),but I carry the L1P and the L2P sits in a drawer.

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
I have the L2P, L1P, and L0P and love them all. They serve different purpsoes for me. The L0P is a true EDC pocket carry. The L1P I carry at times depending on my dress code and situation - and I take 1 always in my travel bag. The L2P I have in both cars, my boat and at home as my general purpose light as needed. It has decent in or around home throw, good spill, great run time and can use any AA battery.

tommymeboy

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today, I had been carrying a SL Jr. Luxeon which is close, but the L2P has better throw and a brighter spot. The Jr. is nice and floody, and I like the switch a bit better. Then again, Jr.'s only semi-regulated. I think the Fenix has probably replaced it! Fits the pocket just right.

Longbow

Enlightened
Compare published runtime/output graphs for the L1P and the L2P. The differences are remarkable. Also, don't forget to factor output against the runtime. Both Roy and Lighthound provide the graphs.

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
I've only used lithiums in my L2P and it's certainly bright. A little blueish but it's got great throw for a light this size and it goes everywhere with me in it's sheath on my belt. It's never in my way and I think it's the overall best in the 2xAA class of LED flashlights, imho.

Andy

Leeoniya

Enlightened
just recieved it today and i must say that i am impressed, popped 2x energizer lithiums in it and this thing is BRIGHT, the beam is flawless, very nice sidespill, pure white, on par with W0 tint maybe X0.

my two quibbles is that the rubber switch boot material feels too soft, and too reflective, seems like something that would easily be scratched or damaged. i was sorta expecting a type of material used on the arc tail switches.

quibble 2 is that it's a bit long for a tactical switch, the 1xCR123 lights are really the best for tactical operation sizewise, perhaps if i had much larger hands the L2P would be easier to operate tactically.

anyhoos...pick pick pick...

all very minor things, this is def worth the money, exceeded expectations. now gotta save up for an L1P...damnit!...back to food stamps for me.

Leon

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the L2P is a solid purchase, and a very good value. Hopefully, nekomane will do another run of CR2 bodies so more people can try out the "Fenix Jr."- it makes the smallest clicky light I've seen and will run bright for an hour on one CR2.

frisco

Enlightened
I have the Fenix family including the Junior (CR2 Nekomane) When these CR2 body tubes show up again... jump on them!!! L2P head with a CR2 battery is about 2.6 inches long! Shorter than the L0P! I bought Amondo Tech CR2 batteries for $1.00 ea. did a run time test and got 1h 20m. Dropped about 5% at 30 minutes than held solid till 1h 20m than dropped hard. The great thing is that if you want to go back to the stock two cell set-up.... just put the stock tube back on... total win-win combination!

frisco

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my L2P last week,
slowly I am starting to like the spot (till now I used NX05 or frean LP mods). The spot of the Fenix is not good inside, but much better outside rooms.

But still the mods are not dead. The reverse clickie is nothing to like, and there should be at least 2 illumination levels on a LED light (switched by turning the HEAD, the clickie should remain intact)