Lordy, I'm bored; what next ?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
After acquiring the L1P, L2P, and LOP Fenix models, plus my Peak Matterhorn 3LED Hi-Power, there is NOTHING I want.

I don't think there has ever been a time like this, with so many winner lights being introduced.

BUT, it's an empty feeling thinking you have all the lights you want.

Maybe I've been snowed in too long.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a Spyderco Delica knife, or a Colt 1911 or Glock 17. Flashlight addictions are not the only ones out there, you know. :devil:

One more thing. Many times I have thought that I was finished buying lights. I sorta feel that way now after receiving an Ion. That sad, sad feeling always goes away in a few days. Just give it time and you'll be ordering another light.

best regards

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Start modding... that'll keep you busy for a while.

Either that or you need a CR2 Ion, a SF Kroma, an SF M6, a Peli M3...

Oh, yeah, Mini-Beast... :D

Tjin

Newly Enlightened
it leaves you with enough money to do something else...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pick up a Peak Pacific with the AAA/AA/CR2/2AAA bodies and play mix and match.

LRI stated the Proton will be easily modded so throw a UWOH LuxeonIII or maybe a K2 Luxeon in the thing. You'll have over 60 lumens of variable output on a single AA battery.

As GreenLED stated, get into modding. At first, you can send in the L0P for a MillerMods 3-stage mod...he can throw a U bin LuxIII and 1.7 watt regulator in your L1P. Maybe get a CR2 adapter for the L2P or a MillerMods 3 watt L2P with U bin LuxIII for more entertainment.

The larger C and D size Mags become throw monsters with fatman boards and LuxIII's so get out the soldering iron. Andrew Wynn will be coming out with a "90 second drop-in mod" called BAM! for a 3 output, regulated 400 lumen, four K2 LED blast for C and D sized mags in May.

Multiple battery Pacifics, Fenix mods, Proton mods and Mag mods should keep you busy for quite a long time.

carrot

Flashaholic
Bored? I felt not bored... but rather content at the beginning of the month because I was getting all these lights within the span of a week, the Fenix L1P, Gerber Infinity Ultra, 2 5-LED Xnovas, and then finally the Surefire A2.

Well, if you read all the stories in my flashlight stories collection ;), you are almost certain to be kept interested until new flashlights you want come out. :D

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a Spyderco Delica knife, or a Colt 1911 or Glock 17>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>

Already done that. I own 26 handguns, a bunch of rifles, and shotguns, also lightly collect knifes, and am also getting too content in those fields.

We can't just STOP collecting, what fun would that be?

I now own about fifty lights, have given away, or sold, fifty others.

What to do?

Argggggg..........

hector

Newly Enlightened
Get married :touche: and have kids, you'll never get bored. You'll get lots of other feelings, but not boredom :duck: :rant: :banghead:.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get married and have kids, you'll never get bored. You'll get lots of other feelings, but not boredom .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yea, right, done that too. One granddaughter, and another on the way.

You know, after this thread (which I started), I think I should just count my many blessings, and just shut up.

Like I said, been snowbound too long.

hector

Newly Enlightened
Yup, never move to Minnesnowta.

Motorsports? Motorcycles, cars, minibikes?

Videogames.

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has happend to me, bored to the bones, just when you think you have
all the lights you will ever need, another is just around the corner awaiting you

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK said:
Get married and have kids, you'll never get bored. You'll get lots of other feelings, but not boredom .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yea, right, done that too. One granddaughter, and another on the way.
Any kids still in the house? If not maybe some pets, plants or fishes. I got sorta bored browsing CPF so I asked "What other forums do you frequent?" in the cafe. and the aquarium links stood out.

Phil_B

Enlightened
You could move to the UK, that'll sort out your collection of handguns straight off. You can't have any (unless your a criminal of course).
Only justifiable calibres on your rifles, and only one in each justifiable calibre. So that's your rifles sorted too.
Can't carry a knife over 3" blade, and if you EDC a smaller knife, it MUST be a slip joint too. You can still own larger locking knives, just not carry them.
We collect walking sticks, umbrellas (neccessary) and torches, and do a bit of gardening.
Ever wonder how Cricket got popular here?
Bored??? Count your lucky stars mate! :)

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps it's time to clean up the tackle boxes, sharpen all those treble hooks, replace the lures that went AWOL last year, and lube the reels and put fresh line on them?

stevesurf

Newly Enlightened
If you're bored, can you help me find a (yellow/orange) fliter to match my U2 or L2 that will approximate 2200 degree Kelvin color temperature? :)

No, I'm serious, I have to light a miniature scene with simulated sodium vapor lighting; my sources will all be SF lights. If you are not bored any longer it's cool :devil:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start taking your flashlights apart and modifying them. I can tell you from experience that that will keep your interest for a few years.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, do the mod thing! In fact, it sounds like you could be a tremendous contributor having time, intelligence and financial resources to learn, learn , learn!

My Dad and I were talking the other day about how 99.99% of the individuals on boards like this just parrot what that other .01% do (that includes me:sweat:). Why not join the ranks of the .01% by pioneering new mods and lights like McGizmo, Ginseng, Andrew, Endeavour and the other greats (sorry to those left unmentioned). Now if you don't find a challenge in fusing creativity and technology perhaps it's time for a nasty drug habit (idle mind is the devils workshop and all).

Of course, I realize you were lamenting the lack of interesting lights to purchase (since you already got the ones that really interest you) so my recommendation probabally goes beyond the actual scope of your despair.

gbaker

Newly Enlightened
powernoodle said:
Buy a Glock 17. Flashlight addictions are not the only ones out there, you know. :devil:

A Glock 17 with a streamlight laser / flashlight accessory of course.