Someone hacked my brother's Yahoo email account

Joel

Newly Enlightened
As the title says, some (expletive deleted) hacked my brother's Yahoo mail account and changed not only his password but account information as well. Yahoo won't give him his account back because the new personal information doesn't match the info he originally registered with. He used his Yahoo account for business and has now lost his complete contact list and important client e-mails and information. I harped on him for years to get his own domain but he didn't want to be bothered and is now paying the price. Has anyone had a similar experience with Yahoo, and if so - what was the outcome?

Thanks!
Joel

Joel

Newly Enlightened
scuba said:
Is there an easy way to do a backup of the addresses in Yahoo?

Yep, but you have to be able to access your account to backup your mail and addresses. He didn't backup any of his information (typical)

s.duff

Enlightened
i actually picked up a worm at my home page one time that was yahoo. the ad that yahoo uses is flash player and asked if i wanted to download the update. i granted permission and just like that i let the worm in.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use good passwords and have my email set up with a serious privacy service that provide many, many secure services for a small monthly fee. It's well worth it.

Empath

Flashaholic
That wouldn't have been sent from your account, Mudman. They just spoofed your address on their spam, and the bounce just went to you because it appeared to come from you. It's a common practice.