Dorcy frosted LED at Meijer

MadMag

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know about this light? I just found an LED by Dorcy that has frosted bulb. It is 4AA and yellow body light. I cannot find any info on package about wattage. The LED looks to be in PR base, so I think could be used in any 6V setup? The LED is frosted at the top, then clear area, then frosted at bottom. Cost was just $9.99.

Any information appreciated.

rgbphil

Enlightened
Sounds like the Dorcy 'Solid State' torch, covered in a thread a couple of weeks ago...search for 'dimmest' or 'worlds dimmest torch' or somthing like that.
Some people seem to have another version, I think called the turtle which actually had good performance. If it is the one I got....then it has significantly crap performance.....you're better off replacing the bulb with a krypton from a dolphin torch.....the reflector is actually very good, with a krypton bulb in it the throw is very nice.
Phil

DaveG

Enlightened
Sounds like a Dorcy Cool Blue not very bright, long run time you could get them at Wal-mart,and Cabelas a few years ago. I still have one unopened in blister pkg,another has a incan bulb in it.:)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its either a Dorcy Cool Blue or Solid State they are both the same thing,
I have a couple of them, not real bright but they do have a very tight
hot spot, great for spotting Squirrels, I like the long runtime, they work well as a tent light in candle mode. If you want a light that will run all week off one set of batteries this is it