Rechargeables in a Gladius...

cqbdude

Enlightened
Hello Everyone...

Im a newbie here and I wanted to say hello..

I am also wondering if anyone have used rechargeable 123's in their gladius..

Thanks,

Cqbdude

magic79

Enlightened
Welcome! :)

There have been at least 2 threads on rechargables in the Gladius.

IIRC, both concluded that the Night Ops documentation is correct that they cannot be used.

cqbdude

Enlightened
magic79 said:
Welcome! :)

There have been at least 2 threads on rechargables in the Gladius.

IIRC, both concluded that the Night Ops documentation is correct that they cannot be used.

Damn Night Ops...not only did they not provide us with a belt clip...we also cant use rechargeables....Oh well still a great light..

Thank You for the quick reply..

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use a single cell, like a Li-Ion 17670, but it will blink off twice every 15 seconds. Works great otherwise.

Scott

cqbdude

Enlightened
Blinks every 15 seconds?? that seems annoying...
I just ordered some 17670's for my L4...I will have to try it when I get them..

Thanks for the info...

Hope its not too annoying...

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really isn't annoying, at least not to me. If you count off 15 full seconds, or better watch the sweep of a second hand, it is a long time. When you are using a flashlight you end up panning around on a lot of objects. You should be able to read this paragraph twice in 15 seconds.

The blink-blink is pretty quick too, and you barely notice it after a while. In fact, I think the worst part about it is that you get too used to it, and probably would not notice if you were using primaries and needed to change out at the blink.

Night-Ops has their batteries for sale now, by the way: 1600 mAh, $35 for 12 in the Blackhawk catalog. Anyone tried them?

Scott

atm

Enlightened
beezaur said:
Night-Ops has their batteries for sale now, by the way: 1600 mAh, $35 for 12 in the Blackhawk catalog. Anyone tried them?

Scott

2 came with my Gladius, but I can't really comment other than they seem to work fine. I haven't used the light enough yet to comment on runtime etc. Big help I know...
smile.gif

BTW, on the label it says 1550 mAhr.

Andrew

Last edited: