Going snowboarding next week (Tahoe)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I May miss a few posts.

I'm spending the week with my fam and we're going to ride at Heavenly. I don't think we'll be doing any night skiing, but I'll have my flashlight ready anyway.

Anyone else going snowboarding next week?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so jealous! I love snowboarding, but I don't get much chance to do it. A couple of years ago I spent nearly a grand on snowboarding gear (that was discounted quite a bit, too) and I've only used it 6 times so far. Hopefully, I'll be able to get up to Mammoth at the end of March/beginning of April. Have fun!

Leeoniya

Enlightened
going snowboarding next weekend with a ton of people.....have to pretend to be in the Snowboard Cross at the Olympics :)

get air!
Leon

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weather in tahoe was excellent! Got to try my new snowboard (Ride Yukon 164) and it carved super. I just point my board downhill and go as fast as I can until I reach the best lift. Sweet! No spins or tricky stuff for me. The trees were worked over and junky so not much of that this time.

I got to ride with my younger brother, and we had a good time. He gets my snowboard handmedowns. I also wax and tune our snowboards.

I took my Ipod along... The first day I listened to rap. *snoop dog* Dj-Quik, Wu-tang, Method Man... The second day I listened to rock/metal :Mercyful Fate, Metallica, Rush, Yes, Genesis ... The third day I chose Jazz Fusion: Mahavishnu Orchestra, Chick Corea Elektrik Band, Shakti, Return to Forever ... The fourth and last day of riding I listened to Bitches Brew and Electric Ladyland. The Ipod thing is so outrageously awesome. At the cabin I had a dozen other albums to listen too, even stuff for the parents.

I was reading "The Last Expedition: Stanley's Mad Journey through the Congo" at night and didn't get a good enough amount of light from either my pallight or nuwai 1AA light, so I used both, to adequate effect. My luxJr was diffuse enough, but too bright. Oh, well. Stanley could have used those lights, I'm sure. :lolsign:

carrot

Flashaholic
I went snowboarding in January at Hunter Mountain with my G2 in my coat pocket. I love boarding.

(Going slightly off topic now.)

When my friend took a bit of a tumble and lost one of his skis and it was starting to get dark, I needed it to search for his other ski, but the beam was yellow and dim, even though it uses lithium batteries. Cold really saps batteries, whether they're lithium or not, so if you want a flashlight that'll *work* in the cold and dark, make sure it stays nestled close to your body to keep it warm.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Snowboarding eh? Never done it, but my brother did and broke three (3) of his ribs. He healed himself unbeknownst to him with his body-armor. He said that when he wore it, he felt good, and without it he hurt badly. The doctor told him about his broken 3 ribs when he went in for a physical and that all is now okay.