• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Flange Based Bulb

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Available Soon: the SMJLED PR flange based bulb

Take any old cheap flashlight like this:

a3.jpg

And turn this:

a2.jpg

Into this:

a1.jpg

With this:

a4.jpg

In less than a minute!

Intorducing the SMJLED PR bulb. Built in DC/DC converter for operation from 2 NiMh/NiCd or alkaline cells.

Now you can easily convert any cheap old plastic flashlight into an advanced LED lighting system by just simply changing the lightbulb! Works in 2AAA, 2AA, 2C and 2D cell flashlights that use the common PR base lightbulbs. Get brighter, whiter, longer lasting light with the SMJLED lightbulb. Save money on batteries and never worry about the bulb burning out again!

The SMJLED bulb combines a DC/DC power converter and SMJLED into a PR flange base bulb complete with intregal LED heatsink. Increase battery life upto six times longer with the SMJLED PR Bulb compared to regular incandescent bulbs.

Available soon (mid March) for less than 10 bucks.

Grubbster

Enlightened
This will be great! I have a lot of 2 cell lights around, especially for use by the kids who tend to leave lights on. Will these be available here or just on your website?

b2eze

Newly Enlightened
Save a couple for me! Those guys will be great for those "Bright Star" safety flashlights that are safe in every way except bright! I've got a magnet equiped refrigerator bound version crying out for one and another High Voltage Area toolbox light that would benefit as well.... (we don't use an aluminum light in certain places)

Illuminated

Enlightened
Hi Kevin,

It's good to hear from you again! Hope all is well with you and yours...

Kinda reminds me of a souped-up NightPearl. I think I'm gonna need a few of these new gizmos :)

John

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
lambda said:
Intorducing the SMJLED PR bulb. Built in DC/DC converter for operation from 2 NiMh/NiCd or alkaline cells.

I thought the SMJLED ran off 2 cells anyway? Or is this a little boost circuit to get it to run properly from NiMHs and suck a bit more juice out of alkaline cells?

If so what voltage will it drop the cells down to? Will it (potentially) damage NiMHs?

If it will run cells down to around 1.0-0.9v/cell and stay bright then I'm very excited, especially at $10!!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lovely, just lovely. The drop-in bulb would fit almost any light. With 2D batteries imagine the run time. An SMJLED is already efficient. Exhausted batteries from a Mini Maglite still work the PR base SMJLED very brightly.

prflangeled7kv.jpg

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great product!
Finally a "mod" for all those lights not worth modding.
Now I see what Lambda and Arcmania have been cooking up lately.
Hats off to the chefs!

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. I was considering ordering some bi-pin/pr base adapters and putting a primative version of something like that together. Just let me know when to send the paypal! :thumbsup:

Zephyr

Enlightened
I would be interested in two please. By the way, I wonder how would these things do using a Mag reflector? Would the performance be similar or close to using a Luxeon 1 watt?

wwglen

Enlightened
I would be in for a couple.

Any chance that they could be made for 3+ cells?

wwglen

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt if it's regulated... just a DC to DC booster. But still... heck of a deal!

Just let us know when to send funds.

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
Perfect I could use one of these!

I hope they are ready soon. This little adaptors could become very popular.